2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Franklin, Polk, Worthy, McConkey, Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson, Javon Baker and Tez Walker are all better players for me. Probably Ricky Pearsall and Corley too.

But what do I know? He might be Anquan Boldin.
If we're just doing a tape grade, I fully disagree and all of these guys have their own warts too.

Franklin - very skinny, struggles a bit with contact. 10% drop rate is pretty bad.

Polk - wasn't the best receiver in his own team. One year of good production.

Worthy - body catcher. Skinny. Production got worse, not better.

McConkey - lots of injuries in college and wasn't focal point of passing game.

Adonai Mitchell - body catcher. Real skinny.

Roman Wilson - small. Decent, but not great production.

Baker - intriguing, but had to transfer from Alabama to get PT

Tez Walker - Just a go route and fade guy.

Pearsall - older guy; wasn't too productive until fifth year.

And if you just compare 2023 tape and measureables, Legette was better than all of these guys. He's bigger and stronger, probably just as fast as Worthy and Mitchell and is a better YAC guy than any of the people you listed.

Obviously I'm concerned about his history before 2023, but if I'm judging players based on what they did in 2023, Legette is head and shoulders better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's weird how this Edge class doesn't have much hype and is generally considered weak. I feel like last years class was much more hyped.

Just looking at last year where we had,

Anderson #2
Wilson #7
McDonald #15
Murphy #28
Nolan Smith #30
Anudike-Uzomah #31

I like all the top guys in this draft better than everyone here except Will Anderson.

Verse, Turner, Latu, Chop Robinson and Darius Robinson I think are better prospects than all those guys. I think this Edge class is being slept on.

Those 5 guys are all top 20 worthy in my opinion. And Verse, Turner, Latu and Chop are all top 12 guys in most classes for me. All are super impressive guys off the field too. All smart, hard working, interview well. I think teams might have them higher than analysts think.

The class is stacked at QB, WR and OT so some of them are going to fall, but all good players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's weird how this Edge class doesn't have much hype and is generally considered weak. I feel like last years class was much more hyped.

Just looking at last year where we had,

Anderson #2
Wilson #7
McDonald #15
Murphy #28
Nolan Smith #30
Anudike-Uzomah #31

I like all the top guys in this draft better than everyone here except Will Anderson.

Verse, Turner, Latu, Chop Robinson and Darius Robinson I think are better prospects than all those guys. I think this Edge class is being slept on.

Those 5 guys are all top 20 worthy in my opinion. And Verse, Turner, Latu and Chop are all top 12 guys in most classes for me. All are super impressive guys off the field too. All smart, hard working, interview well. I think teams might have them higher than analysts think.

The class is stacked at QB, WR and OT so some of them are going to fall, but all good players.
I actually agree that the overall depth isn't too bad. Even guys like Mohammed Kamara and Murphy from UCLA are intriguing. The sleeper edge guy is Javon Solomon from Troy. Go watch his tape and he's got a nice blend of power and speed.

Last years draft was one of those drafts that you felt like you HAD TO go after edge early because after the top guys, it felt like you couldn't find a later round guy that had some intrigue. This year is different. It's a stronger overall draft class for all positions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Was impressed by him. Not sure he fits the Cards. He played 5 and 4i last year while we still seem set on a bunch of 3 man fronts.

Possible he could play 3 tech though.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Allbright said Spencer Rattler might over take Penix and be taken in the 2nd round.

I think if he has a great combine maybe could be a reason we trade out of the 1st for a QB needy team.
Edit: Other tidbits.

He doesnt think Alt is going to go as high as people think. He's drawn Mcglinchey and Nate Solder comparisons from teams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Allbright said Spencer Rattler might over take Penix and be taken in the 2nd round.

I think if he has a great combine maybe could be a reason we trade out of the 1st for a QB needy team.
Edit: Other tidbits.

He doesnt think Alt is going to go as high as people think. He's drawn Mcglinchey and Nate Solder comparisons from teams.
as pundits go, Albright seems pretty dialed in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd