2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Elite physical specimen. Also pictured: Brock Bowers.

Clearly he didn't get good genetics when it came to a receding hairline at an early age.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

i chuckle when i imagine this board when Monti takes an OT high, and Ladd McConkey at #27

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Bowers is going to be a good player. I wouldnt take him in the first round...but I wouldnt take any TE in the first round. McBride in the 2nd has turned into a great pick, and he was the top TE that year by far.

Im also in the camp that need to find a LG and a RT...and I dont want 7th round flyer types that are no better than the guys we have. Im not saying we need to spend a first round pick on one of those spots...but RT at #27 could be ok...and I think getting both of those positions locked up before the end of round 4 would be ideal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
@kerouac9 ... you know your theory on tight ends who are drafted high? Noah Fant is a FA. LFG!!!

Absolutely. I have little doubt that Fant will outperform Brock Bowers in each of the next two years.

McBride in the 2nd has turned into a great pick

Has it? I think people are getting a little carried away here. He didn't make the pro bowl. He was the #10 TE in fantasy points. He had 113 yards and 1 TD combined over the last three games where he became a focal point of the passing game.

It's just as likely that Big Play Trey never exceeds the single-season totals he put up this year.

Im also in the camp that need to find a LG and a RT...and I dont want 7th round flyer types that are no better than the guys we have. Im not saying we need to spend a first round pick on one of those spots...but RT at #27 could be ok...and I think getting both of those positions locked up before the end of round 4 would be ideal.

I think they'll fill one gap with in free agency and the other in the draft. Waiting until the draft to fill either would be extremely foolhardy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bowers is going to be a good player. I wouldnt take him in the first round...but I wouldnt take any TE in the first round. McBride in the 2nd has turned into a great pick, and he was the top TE that year by far.

yeah... I would really like to get an OT, 2 WR, a DT, a RB...and maybe an OG all in the first three rounds.
I realize its offense heavy. But we can complete the offense in this draft. Then spend on defense...and add more defense next year at which time our offense will not be rookies.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Absolutely. I have little doubt that Fant will outperform Brock Bowers in each of the next two years.

Has it? I think people are getting a little carried away here. He didn't make the pro bowl. He was the #10 TE in fantasy points. He had 113 yards and 1 TD combined over the last three games where he became a focal point of the passing game.

It's just as likely that Big Play Trey never exceeds the single-season totals he put up this year.

I think they'll fill one gap with in free agency and the other in the draft. Waiting until the draft to fill either would be extremely foolhardy.
I think a McBride / Fant combo would be awesome, and a realistic way to add talent to the offense that doesn't cost huge money. It also takes some pressure of McBride to continue to develop into a complete TE on a more talented offensive roster.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think a McBride / Fant combo would be awesome, and a realistic way to add talent to the offense that doesn't cost huge money. It also takes some pressure of McBride to continue to develop into a complete TE on a more talented offensive roster.
I'm kind of intrigued by a good 2 TE set as a base. If we're truly committed to running the ball, it could be an interesting zig when everyone else zags.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm kind of intrigued by a good 2 TE set as a base. If we're truly committed to running the ball, it could be an interesting zig when everyone else zags.
Worst case is it helps bridge the gap as the Cardinals recreate their WR room and makes Kyler's job a little easier. Noah Fant is just another way I would maximize FA dollars to improve the roster. Better than any 5 mil FA WR, and gives McBride and Higgins another year to grow in their roles. And if Higgins eventually can replace Fant, great.

Relatively low dollar offensive FA plan.
RB - AJ Dillon
TE - Noah Fant
WR - Marquise Brown (1 year deal)
LG - Dalton Risner

If you gave all of those guys 1 year deals, a safe estimate would be probably 23 mil. This assumes Brown would take a 1 year 12 mil deal like PFF proposed. If not, you could probably add DPJ at 3 mil and total at around 14 mil. Monti would likely sign some of those guys to two year deals so probably less, but I wanted to be conservative.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He played most of the season with Dobbs. He had 825 yards with 439 of then after the catch.

He averaged over 48 yards per game despite averaging less than 16 per game through the first 5 weeks and only 31 with Dobbs overall. He had 69 yards per game with Kyler.

Even you can't turn McBride into a negative.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played most of the season with Dobbs. He had 825 yards with 439 of then after the catch.

He averaged over 48 yards per game despite averaging less than 16 per game through the first 5 weeks and only 31 with Dobbs overall. He had 69 yards per game with Kyler.

Even you can't turn McBride into a negative.
He is not a negative, but he needs to produce again. Doesn't need to match last season, but I have followed this team long enough to know that sustained success is rare. McBride can start by winning the job in training camp (unlike last year :)).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He is not a negative, but he needs to produce again. Doesn't need to match last season, but I have followed this team long enough to know that sustained success is rare. McBride can start by winning the job in training camp (unlike last year :)).

That's fair Mulli!

But based on watching him on the field, I think it's also fair to say that he's really, really talented.

It's not like he needs 10 targets to get seven catches for 40 yards.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort