2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say Beanie Wells was the last RB we drafted that was maybe the best back in that particular draft. We took him at #31.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I know the general value of backs is down in the recent nfl cycle but recognizing that that only a single back went in the first two rounds and benson being some pundits top back lasting to the third round has me questioning my large amount of enthusiasm for this pick. Was this just a terrible rb crop and I’m just jonesin’ for a back with speed?
There was no elite guy.

I liked Benson the most by a wide margin.

The Texas kid was probably a little better but he had an ACL tear so he might not be right for another year, and I ain't waiting for that.

I think Benson is your typical third round back.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember really wanting Knowshon Moreno or LeSean McCoy instead of Beanie.

I guess it could've been worse if we drafted Donald Brown, who went 27th.
Yeah, I knew I wasn't remembering who else was in that draft. But I think he dropped and we were so excited Beanie dropped to us! LOL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I remember really wanting Knowshon Moreno or LeSean McCoy instead of Beanie.

I guess it could've been worse if we drafted Donald Brown, who went 27th.
Donald Brown...that was an awful draft pick that looked awful at the time. When there is a first round RB and all they can really say is that he's "versatile and catches the ball really well," you know he sucks.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
David Johnson turned out pretty good. We had a nice little run of drafted guys before him with Andre Ellington, Ryan Williams, and others.

Stepfan Taylor was a legitimate stud and one of the best RBs in Cardinals history, of course.

Who was TJ Logan? Literally have no memory of that guy.
Reminder - many posters will insist RBs are super easy to come by, and therefore we shouldn't invest in the position ever. Sigh.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reminder - many posters will insist RBs are super easy to come by, and therefore we shouldn't invest in the position ever. Sigh.
Do you do this on purpose? Where we continue to tell you it’s dumb to draft a RB in the first round, but you just ignore it anyway?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Do you do this on purpose? Where we continue to tell you it’s dumb to draft a RB in the first round, but you just ignore it anyway?
Except I haven't ever advocated taking an RB in the first. I've said RBs outside of the 3rd aren't generally going to end up as starters. I've only ever wanted to grab a guy in the 2nd/3rd.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone remind me of the last good running back prospect? I can’t remember any for a long time with this dumb team
Bijan Robinson was considered Elite last year

Breece Hall was highly touted coming out of college the year before

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It could be if this is a historically bad Rb draft. He’s probably a depth player. That’s fine for a third round pick.

Don’t get mad because i accurately stated that he came back for his senior season and put up worse stats.

As the too-clever-by-half master of part of the story and partial stats, this is truly memorable.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So college performance is meaningless?
Fun displays of exhibition performance, but I don’t think three big runs against the ACC equivalent of Old Dominion really says anything about his professional prospects.

I’m sure those big runs boosted his mediocre career YPA tho.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun displays of exhibition performance, but I don’t think three big runs against the ACC equivalent of Old Dominion really says anything about his professional prospects.

I’m sure those big runs boosted his mediocre career YPA tho.
Virginia Tech is a legit program, but anything to be negative, amirite?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison