2024 2nd round pick #43 is Max Melton CB

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monti just had to go and outsmart himself tonight, didn't he? Freaking magic beans cost us.

Oh well. Now we have the kid, and he's not a horrible draftee. Taken too early, yes, and after Monti screwed up with the trade down, but it's not the kid's fault. Here's to hoping he can develop fast and start for the Cards.
All I'm saying is drafting the "big name" that somehow fell in the draft was always the Keim special. All the Keim era post draft grades used to gush about how we got amazing value on our picks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're 100 percent certain he didn't trade back and miss out on the player he really wanted? Sure. You're omniscient. I'm looking at the board and at other corners I think are better. I couldn't care less about mocks.
DeJean was ranked as high as 24. There are reasons players fall.
If everyone was drafted on rankings alone we wouldn’t need a draft.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're 100 percent certain he didn't trade back and miss out on the player he really wanted? Sure. You're omniscient. I'm looking at the board and at other corners I think are better. I couldn't care less about mocks.
As I mentioned earlier this morning. There were a bunch of players with very similar grades so trading back would make sense.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeJean was ranked as high as 24. There are reasons players fall.
If everyone was drafted on rankings alone we wouldn’t need a draft.
After picking two injured players last year, maybe they want an all healthy draft class this year. Cooper apparently isn't fully cleared yet.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier this morning. There were a bunch of players with very similar grades so trading would make sense.
Meh, I would've bought that if we hadn't gone with a CB after a bunch of CBs were taken. Teams say they like a bunch of guys the same all the time, but I'm betting they believe very different in private.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Beliefs and opinions aren't facts. Try again. Hella dumb indeed (Monti).

Also it's they're :BIM:
Are you going to actually debate my argument or me as a person?

No team does what you said. It's just not a thing. The Cardinals very likely had ten players closely graded, so they traded down.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Have to trust JG on this one. Should contribute on special teams right away while eventually earning playing time on defense. This team is in dire need of ball hawks.

Stout

Reaction score
Then how can you be so sure he outsmarted himself?
As I said (maybe in another thread), because he picked a CB right after a run on CBs. I can't be any more correct than Krang (who isn't correct, no matter the poo he spews), but that's what it appears to me. If he went with a different position I could've bought that he had a range of players all rated the same.

Stout

Reaction score
Are you going to actually debate my argument or me as a person?

No team does what you said. It's just not a thing. The Cardinals very likely had ten players closely graded, so they traded down.
You're telling me I can't possibly be right. You're making factual statements when you're only stating opinions. You're mansplaining the draft to me for crying out loud. Why should I engage that poo? Be less abrasive and I'll engage your OPINION.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
As I said (maybe in another thread), because he picked a CB right after a run on CBs. I can't be any more correct than Krang (who isn't correct, no matter the poo he spews), but that's what it appears to me. If he went with a different position I could've bought that he had a range of players all rated the same.
Couldn't you make the argument the other way? If he goes to another position than all of the corners he wanted to fall didn't so he went with another position. :shrug:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to trust JG on this one. Should contribute on special teams right away while eventually earning playing time on defense. This team is in dire need of ball hawks.
I Trust JG, Saban and Harry as well as other experts whom say its a great pick. People just like to cry because its not who they wanted.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And honestly, the bold is a valid point.

Gambler

Reaction score
Everyone is using beliefs and opinions right now. We'll see if Melton is better than people think or if it was a reach, but right now it's a opinion either way.
I don't always agree with Monti's picks. But I'm certain he has a lot more information at his disposal than we do and his job is always on the line. It is cool for other posters to debate things and give an opinion. It's what message boards are for. But I agree, we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn