2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's come up in several interviews. He has said his dad is there at every step with him, guiding and advising him. It came up when he skipped the NFL combine and OSU's Pro Day that his dad advised him to skip those and literally rest instead because they were preparing for his professional career. That's not slander.

Sounds more like a solid mentor to me.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the case anymore now that rookie deals are slotted.

Still true.

Bryce Young signed April 30th, the first day he was allowed to.

Travon Walker was the first the year before too, but a few days later than Young.

Tevopr Lawrence also signed the first day he could.

1st picks still sign fast. Williams is the exception now.

Kyler signed 9 days after the draft. I'm not sure if he was the first player or not from the first round though. Still, very early, especially for SK.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who has forgotten? It comes up on here from time to time.
You said he was a consummate pro. That's not true. Later in his career, sure. He had his own baggage early on and these were serious allegations. His kid doesn't even legally use his last name. Only starter to for recruiting.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, MHJ definitely won't be hurting for money with the New Balance endorsement deal he signed in college, the Fanatics deal he signed in college (and is being sued over), and now his first NFL contract.

Hopefully, soon fans can but a jersey with his name on it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. He is basically doing whatever his father tells him to do because his father feels he knows what's best or is living vicariously through him thinking, "If I were to start my NFL career all over again, here is what I would do this time around."

It's going to be interesting to watch. Hopefully, it never turns into a huge deal.
Yes, because Larry Fitzgerald did not have a meddling father, who tried to insert himself into Jr's career

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so shouldn't you do that now? This is the way he chose to do things. Let him choose his own way.
Lol... seriously. The lack of self-awareness writing that sentence is pretty impressive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But love defending kickers on other teams
birds of a feather...

It's just comical to me that some will go out of their way to vociferously support a white kicker telling women they best belong in the kitchen while sprinkling some some anti-semitic/LGTBQ into a speech, but a Black WR is trying to maximize the money he makes in his career?

Now THAT's a story to get up in arms about!