2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My sources.. high ranking officials within the organization had a meeting at Waffle House told me its pretty much a done deal. Should be any day now or after summer league unless something major happens where he is offered a better opportunity.

This was the time line. Right after we were done in the summer league we were going to make moves.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in quick summation, we arguably got younger and more athletic overall on our team, added two proven scorers in Beal and Gordon to our roster, regained some draft picks, and LOWERED our tax hit by $30 million? What type of sorcery is this? :eek:

Adam Silver is still trying to figure out where the Suns draft.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So by definition, with ONLY 4 returning players from last year's playoff roster, the Suns have blown up the team. We have gone full up rebuild if you go by the number of players we have changed on the roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some in the media keep thinking the Suns will implode at point guard.

I guess they haven't been paying attention.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This needs to be said again.

The Suns have added Kevin Durant and Bradley Beal and are now in the process of reestablishing their draft capital which didn't seem remotely possible without trading Deandre Ayton.

Yes, I'm shocked but I have never been exposed to such an aggressive ownership with money to spend.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Plus a technicality to note from Bobby Marks:

Payne’s departure also includes a $6.5 million trade exception (TPE), setting it alongside the $5 million TPE from the Dario Saric trade in February. Phoenix can use that as the salary of a player and throw in money/picks to still make something happen on the trade market (but you cannot combine the TPEs together into a larger salary).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
From Bright side of the Suns:

(By the way, if you’re keeping tabs at home on the scoreboard of the Suns pumping up their own players ahead of the offseason, Payne was mentioned a few times by Frank Vogel in his introductory press conference for possibly having an important role, like starting. Worth noting!)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t like losing Payne for nothing unless they have another trade target.

Goodwin already had knee soreness which is always alarming.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Meaning Ayton is next?
No. Meaning we can save arguing about combining the trade exceptions for a player of higher salary. Just a note when guys put numbers into a trade machine to see who we could get.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Meaning Ayton is next?
I see you were meaning the smoke screen by Vogel. No. Not necessarily. In the past the Suns would say they were getting rid of someone way before it made sense, like Crowder. Essentially lowering Crowder's value.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So watching podcasts, people are wondering why we got so many picks, when most of our tradable guys are gone now, or only a slot or two left? My answer is, the next off season. If guys don't pick up their player options, we now have assets to replace them. Duh? I guess most of the podcasts are seeing how MANY moves we made in such a short time, and are expecting moves immediately! LOL!

I swear, we made more moves in one off season than Suns make over several seasons in total! Whew!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This needs to be said again.

The Suns have added Kevin Durant and Bradley Beal and are now in the process of reestablishing their draft capital which didn't seem remotely possible without trading Deandre Ayton.

Yes, I'm shocked but I have never been exposed to such an aggressive ownership with money to spend.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
it is nice they got some seconds for cam, but seconds don’t turn into anything 90 percent of the time.