2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have no problem with it. The early announcement may help create a trade opportunity, although I'm not counting on it.
I feel like it was going to be done quietly by the Suns closer to deadline, but I think you are right, CP3's agents leaked it to gin up interest in Paul. At the end of the day it gave us more options.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chris Haynes was played. Like I said, Paul's people pushed it out there to force the Suns hand so he gets his wish of a decision being made well before June 28th.
I saw Eddie Johnson on a podcast and he was mad people were criticizing Chris Haynes. He said he knows Haynes didn't just make that up. He knows Haynes was told that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at what its done, all the talking heads are now throwing out CP3 trades. It's helping Paul's camp because they wanted a decision sooner than later. It's like a when a player demands a trade, that doesn't mean the team has to trade them but it takes over the discussion and puts pressure on the front office to make a move. This is akin to that.
If the Suns management is feeling pressure to make personnel decisions based on what the talking heads are then they are incompetent. I mean, seriously think of how silly that is. "Oh no, these talking heads are saying this. Now we have to change our plans!"

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ish on Channel 15 right now.

Said he thinks a new coach might be able to get the most out of DA. He believes DA will still develop into one of the best bigs in the game.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only way PHX will be able to trade Paul is if both LA teams want him and enter a bidding war so they don't miss out on him when he is waived.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about it this way.. the Raiders were going to cut Rodney Hudson.. word got out and we traded for him..

Everyone thought the Suns would deal Tyson Chandler a few years back and we bought him out right before the season started so he could sign in LA. Arizona teams aren't known for their smarts. When other teams zig, we zag. As fans we convince ourselves it was a good move when the rest of the league looks on baffled.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone thought the Suns would deal Tyson Chandler a few years back and we bought him out right before the season started so he could sign in LA. Arizona teams aren't known for their smarts. When other teams zig, we zag. As fans we convince ourselves it was a good move when the rest of the league looks on baffled.

Yea.. I was pissed JJ did that..

I was just trying to compare how getting the word out might lead to a trade partner. I mean it could also go down like DHop. We got the word out on him and then cut him. The sports world has not been kind to Arizona.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Mark Bryant may follow Monty to Detroit. It makes me wonder if a new coach might help Ayton.

Jarrett Jack could possibly be another casualty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These are the point guards/combo guards in which the Suns reportedly have interest.

Reported by Gambo:
Coby White
Dennis Schroder
Jaylen Nowell
Payton Pritchard
Malcolm Brogdon

Reported by Jake Fischer:
Immanuel Quickley
Davion Mitchell
Monte Morris

Reported by both:
Gabe Vincent
Payton Pritchard

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of that list, I'd personally want the Suns to target someone young with upside that could blossom and possibly be a longer term piece. So White, Quickley, and Mitchell would be my preferences.

I'd shy away from Vincent as we'd likely be buying too high.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see why the Lakers or Clippers would trade for Paul. Those are the obvious top candidates to sign him, basically for free, if the Suns release him. Them giving up anything of value for the right to pay Paul 30 million dollars just doesn't make sense.
But that's just it, they aren't giving things of much value, they would be unloading contracts, and getting out of Pauls after 1 year.

It does make a bit of sense with the new CBA, and they are in worse cap shape than us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These are the point guards/combo guards in which the Suns reportedly have interest.

Reported by Gambo:
Coby White
Dennis Schroder
Jaylen Nowell
Payton Pritchard
Malcolm Brogdon

Immanuel Quickley
Davion Mitchell
Monte Morris

Reported by both:
Gabe Vincent
Payton Pritchard
I would love Gabe Vincent or Davion Mitchell.

Brogden would be ok.

Not liking much else there, but I understand we are trying to get one cheap.

If Vincent would sign for the 12 million exception I would waive and stretch CP3 immediately.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On those lists I like Brogdan, Quickley, and Vincent the most. Not high or low any, some I wouldn't mind as backups like Coby White but he's not a starter.

Pritchard is a nobody and unless he could be had for the minimum, no thanks. I guess we can't really offer more than the minimum though. Until CP3 is waived or traded, I'm not getting hopes up for the MLE.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I remember talk about getting Westbrook to run our bench which kinda made sense considering he can outscore our entire bench - I just don't ever see him being down with 2nd fiddle

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember talk about getting Westbrook to run our bench which kinda made sense considering he can outscore our entire bench - I just don't ever see him being down with 2nd fiddle
That and Westbrook and Vogel Hate the pants off each other.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Reported by Gambo:
Coby White
Dennis Schroder
Jaylen Nowell
Payton Pritchard
Malcolm Brogdon

Immanuel Quickley
Davion Mitchell
Monte Morris

Reported by both:
Gabe Vincent
Payton Pritchard
WTF are we doing here?
There is little to no Scoot on this list. If the Suns aren't going all in to get that kid we are wasting time and Ishbia is a fraud.
If every player on the above list fell into the Grand Canyon never to be seen again I would lose no brain cells feeling or thinking about it.
If were gonna do this then lets DO IT!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That I did not know lol but makes perfect sense

Westbrook's refusal to engage in any of the team offensive or defensive schemes torpedoed their season in 21/22 is pretty much the reason Vogel isn't still coaching in LA.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF are we doing here?
There is little to no Scoot on this list. If the Suns aren't going all in to get that kid we are wasting time and Ishbia is a fraud.
If every player on the above list fell into the Grand Canyon never to be seen again I would lose no brain cells feeling or thinking about it.

?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF are we doing here?
Do it with what? You have to have something someone wants in return to make a trade.

Also sounds like Charlotte is now taking Scoot at 2, so we wouldn't even get him with a Portland trade.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Do it with what? You have to have something someone wants in return to make a trade.

Also sounds like Charlotte is now taking Scoot at 2, so we wouldn't even get him with a Portland trade.
I would take Miller! Yeah Lemello injury looking bad. They should look at Scoot. Man, the podcasts have us all over the place on trading Ayton. Yes we are, no we aren't, veterans only, we are getting the 3rd or 5th pick in the draft, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose