2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is the guy that made me think we knew KD was going to be available. When we didn't pursue him, and he was arguably the best PG out there, I was pissed. Then all of a sudden we are in the running for KD. It took a while, but we eventually get KD. I wanted this guy when he was available. I guess having CP3 made him not a need by us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the guy that made me think we knew KD was going to be available. When we didn't pursue him, and he was arguably the best PG out there, I was pissed. Then all of a sudden we are in the running for KD. It took a while, but we eventually get KD. I wanted this guy when he was available. I guess having CP3 made him not a need by us.

We had no picks to deal for him. Atlanta gave up a decent package and San Antonio is real quite in their moves, you didn't even hear he was on the block until the deal was done. I wish we did go after him. Time to right that wrong though and trade Ayton for him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We had no picks to deal for him. Atlanta gave up a decent package and San Antonio is real quite in their moves, you didn't even hear he was on the block until the deal was done. I wish we did go after him. Time to right that wrong though and trade Ayton for him.
This was before we traded four picks for KD. We could have made a move.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was before we traded four picks for KD. We could have made a move.

I know, I meant we had picks to deal for him because we were.holding out for KD or a player who filled more of a need than replacement for CP3.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely the most attractive of the proposed options I've seen. Both teams could use a shake up.
Yeah I'd jump on it but from a distance it seems to good to be true. But hopefully they're just as frustrated and unhappy with some of theirs as we are with some of ours.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Capela and Murray for Ayton and Shamet. Get it done.
There is something wrong with this guy if they are already looking to move him, I already thought it was strange the Spurs traded him.

Proceed with caution.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
There is something wrong with this guy if they are already looking to move him, I already thought it was strange the Spurs traded him.

Proceed with caution.
You're trading question marks for different question marks, and hoping it works out.

Our options are incredibly limited at this point, so the Hawks package might be the best we can do.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're trading question marks for different question marks, and hoping it works out.

Our options are incredibly limited at this point, so the Hawks package might be the best we can do.
Just saying an investigation should be done before trading for him so you know what the issue is - cause it has to be there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Proceed with caution.
It’s not easy sharing a backcourt with Trae. A spendthrift owner may be able to take advantage of a team like the Hawks who are paying 4 different guys $20+ mil a year. Not to mention De’Andre Hunter who has his contract double next season and Murray is a UFA.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Proceed with caution.

Is he someone who other teams may want? Maybe bringing in a third team for a different player?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns aren’t getting Murray without taking back Capela AND Collins.

Then send CP3 there with Ayton. A starting 5 of Murray, Booker, KD, Collins, and Capela is a contender. We fill out the bench the best we can and get rolling.

Is there any legitimate reason to think this might happen?

Unless the Hawks are in love with Ayton, I would think they would have a lot better trade options by parceling players out they don't want.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unless the Hawks are in love with Ayton, I would think they would have a lot better trade options by parceling players out they don't want.
Not that I think it's feasible but I sure wouldn't mind it happening.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same here. However, what we are seeing, are too many writers in the media "proposing" trades that likely don't have any chance of happening.

We could do a better job.
Yeah I am really annoyed by all of it. I have no issue if media types are putting some thought, researched the feasibility and presenting a case. However, that's not what we are getting in the media at large. It's just noodle throwing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Reportedly the Hawks had interest in Ayton going back to last season. If they're shopping Murray now then we need to see if an Ayton for Murray swap could work for both sides. Capela would be filler as Atlanta would have no use for him with Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly the Hawks had interest in Ayton going back to last season. If they're shopping Murray now then we need to see if an Ayton for Murray swap could work for both sides. Capela would be filler as Atlanta would have no use for him with Ayton.

I'd seriously look at that trade if it were available. It's hard to see the Hawks having any interest in Chris Paul.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best guess is the Suns are waiting for Chris Paul to find a trade that will pay him the full $30+ million on his contract.

If not, I think they will waive him and stretch his contract over multiple seasons. This should give the Suns the larger MLE which they can use to sign at least one quality player. The BAE may also be an option. There is not much word on the Saric trade exception.

Unless the Suns can find a good trade for Ayton, they should probably keep him because he is a young running mate for Devin Booker. He should not be given away. If he is a locker room distraction, then it becomes another matter.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson