2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These are the point guards/combo guards in which the Suns reportedly have interest.

Reported by Gambo:
Coby White
Dennis Schroder
Jaylen Nowell
Payton Pritchard
Malcolm Brogdon

Reported by Jake Fischer:
Immanuel Quickley
Davion Mitchell
Monte Morris

Reported by both:
Gabe Vincent
Payton Pritchard

Davion Mitchel is the guy I would target if I were the suns he brings that toughness and defensive dog that we desperately need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The above link is not showing up.

It's Deandre Ayton for Harrison Barnes, Rachaun Holmes and Davion Mitchell.

Why can't the Suns draft good point guards? They wouldn't be in such a mess.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The above link is not showing up.

It's Deandre Ayton for Harrison Barnes, Rachaun Holmes and Davion Mitchell.

Why can't the Suns draft good point guards? They wouldn't be in such a mess.

Cam Payne is significantly better than Davion Mitchell, Holmes is about 5 minutes from heading to China. Barnes is okay... not worth Ayton though, not even close.

Upon looking, Barnes is a free agent, I am surprised the machine let that trade work.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne is significantly better than Davion Mitchell, Holmes is about 5 minutes from heading to China. Barnes is okay... not worth Ayton though, not even close.

Upon looking, Barnes is a free agent, I am surprised the machine let that trade work.

The trade machine is still in this current season. Not to be relied upon right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If that were the case, the Suns should grab Holmes as a free agent but I see him as being under contract for next season.

The Suns would make the Kings better, so it's a no for me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that were the case, the Suns should grab Holmes as a free agent but I see him as being under contract for next season.

The Suns would make the Kings better, so it's a no for me.

Barnes is the free agent, Holmes is signed and his contract is a stinker. He is owed 25 million over the next 2 years and he isn't playable.

I know he used to put up some stats but he doesn't even do that anymore, he's just bad at this point.

He is a much worse option than Biz and Jock.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barnes is the free agent, Holmes is signed and his contract is a stinker. He is owed 25 million over the next 2 years and he isn't playable.

I know he used to put up some stats but he doesn't even do that anymore, he's just bad at this point.

He is a much worse option than Biz and Jock.

The only reason to trade with the Kings is acquire Davion Mitchell, but it makes the Kings better and a formidable opponent.

Let's hope a team is infatuated with Paul and/or Ayton but I'm not counting on getting fair value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holmes is TRASH these days.

The Suns are going to be looking for crumbs from the table if it's anything like the end of last season.

Beggars can't be choosers.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The Suns are going to be looking for crumbs from the table if it's anything like the end of last season.

Beggars can't be choosers.
idk, I kinda think players themselves have a lot of control and can even get trades started without their own teams knowing. If the Suns can free up some Robert De Niro I don't think they'll have any problems attracting talent. Cancel CP3s contract and trade Aytons for a draft pick

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk, I kinda think players themselves have a lot of control and can even get trades started without their own teams knowing. If the Suns can free up some Robert De Niro I don't think they'll have any problems attracting talent. Cancel CP3s contract and trade Aytons for a draft pick

What would a team be willing to trade for Chris Paul and his $30+million contract?

I know it can happen because I remember the Suns trading Steve Nash to the Lakers for two first round picks, but I bet they regret that trade.

The same question applies to Deandre Ayton and his $32+ million contract. Teams want to win trades or break especially with the new CBA.

The most cash the Suns might be able to free up is if they waive and stretch Chris Paul (7-11 MLE).

They also might be able to use the Biannual Exception ($4 million), which can only be used every season. The Suns might also have a trade exception (not sure) for about $4 million from the Saric trade.

The key is the Suns cannot exceed the tax apron.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would a team be willing to trade for Chris Paul and his $30+million contract?

I know it can happen because I remember the Suns trading Steve Nash to the Lakers for two first round picks, but I bet they regret that trade.

The same question applies to Deandre Ayton and his $32+ million contract. Teams want to win trades or break especially with the new CBA.

The most cash the Suns might be able to free up is if they waive and stretch Chris Paul (7-11 MLE).

They also might be able to use the Biannual Exception ($4 million), which can only be used every season. The Suns might also have a trade exception (not sure) for about $4 million from the Saric trade.

The key is the Suns cannot exceed the tax apron.
Bad contracts - maybe. I think that is it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad contracts - maybe. I think that is it.

It's sad to put the Suns future in bad contracts, or that is the way it presently appears.

If I were an opponent GM, I'd hesitate to trade two first round picks and filler for Ayton.

I hope some GM is lured by the fact that Ayton was the overall #1 pick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's sad to put the Suns future in bad contracts, or that is the way it presently appears.

If I were an opponent GM, I'd hesitate to trade two first round picks and filler for Ayton.

I hope some GM is lured by the fact that Ayton was the overall #1 pick.
It's simple to me, if we can't get at least 2 borderline starter types for Ayton - one could be a top 10 pick we should not trade him.

This may not be popular with most fans, but we cannot give him away at a rock bottom price as he is our only possible asset that may appreciate in value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's simple to me, if we can't get at least 2 borderline starter types for Ayton - one could be a top 10 pick we should not trade him.

This may not be popular with most fans, but we cannot give him away at a rock bottom price as he is our only possible asset that may appreciate in value.

This is where I'm at. I hope I'm wrong about the market.

If the Suns can't trade Paul for value, waive him and stretch him. This should give the Suns at least one quality player.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I'm in the Trade Ayton camp, but I agree with this. You have to get a good price.

Getting a pick as part of the package doesn't make any sense to me. The Suns have a one-year window. Future picks, sure, but this looks like a one-player draft, and that pick isn't on the block.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He wore out his welcome there quick.

Atlanta is a mess, hard to believe they almost made the finals a few years ago... and probably would have if Young didn't bust his ankle.

We would have butchered them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard