2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm also partial to the 2 black ones at the end of the last row. I also would like the Turquoise more if they had Phoenix or Suns in navajo lettering or something -- better than the sunburst at least.

The turquoise would have been cool if they used the PHX court logo from the Valley court instead of the sun they used. Second court below...

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All they have to do is make their permanent uni’s going forward anything from the top row. Easiest decision in the history of mankind.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really love those Valley jerseys too. I wish we did a western font jersey next year

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm also partial to the 2 black ones at the end of the last row. I also would like the Turquoise more if they had Phoenix or Suns in navajo lettering or something -- better than the sunburst at least.
I get you want a bigger logo/name. However, I have one of those jerseys, and they have Suns in multiple languages all over the jersey. It's pretty cool. There are lots of tribes represented!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I really love those Valley jerseys too. I wish we did a western font jersey next year
I love the Western font, too! I am partial to the ones we wore back when we played Boston in the finals. I loved the half sun at the bottom of the shorts with the word Suns in it.

I do agree the logo on the court for the Nativ court design with the feathers is awesome! That would have looked cool!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I get you want a bigger logo/name. However, I have one of those jerseys, and they have Suns in multiple languages all over the jersey. It's pretty cool. There are lots of tribes represented!
I like that, the only thing I don't like is the sunburst in the middle of the chest. I like the sunburst, just not there.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
All they have to do is make their permanent uni’s going forward anything from the top row. Easiest decision in the history of mankind.
3 and 4 need to be our standard unis.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is big news. Many in the media thought the Suns would keep Chris Paul.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is now, will Chris Paul's contract be stretched.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex was wrong. He clearly said we would pick up CP3's option. Watch him come back with a weaselly response. Gambo was right again this offseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex was wrong. He clearly said we would pick up CP3's option. Watch him come back with a weaselly response. Gambo was right again this offseason.

Yes. He did say the Suns would pick up Chris Paul's contract.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying he’s going to sign with the suns for the vet minimum, but isn’t that illegal?

Would it cost us draft picks?

We have to pay his 15 mill anyway right? So why pay him twice?

We couldn’t explore trading him if he’s really not coming back?

This is really odd

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is the Suns will try to get under the luxury tax so they can use the standard MLE... around $11 million.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying he’s going to sign with the suns for the vet minimum, but isn’t that illegal?

This is really odd

If Paul clears waivers, he technically becomes an unrestricted free agent and can go whereever he wants.

I was discussing this earlier today with @AzStevenCal.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is really odd
If he clears waivers we can resign him. This was not a negotiated buyout. We waived him per the terms of the contract. It's doubtful anyone will want to assume his contract so it's really up to CP3 and whether we want him back. We'd have to sign him with cap space, an exception, or minimum contract. We no longer have his Bird rights. His 15 million is guaranteed. Any new contract would be added to that.

If we stretch his contract, then we would be prohibited from signing him for the duration of his stretched contact.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If he clears waivers we can resign him. This was not a negotiated buyout. We waived him per the terms of the contract. It's doubtful anyone will want to assume his contract so it's really up to CP3 and whether we want him back. We'd have to sign him with cap space, an exception, or minimum contract. We no longer have his Bird rights. His 15 million is guaranteed. Any nee contract would be added to that.

If we stretch his contract, then we would be prohibited from signing him for the duration of his stretched contact.
So that's the thing. Minor chance someone picks up $30 million on waivers, but stranger things have happened, and if Paul wants to come back here, would he open himself up to having to play where he may not want to? Also, there's the other risk, we waive him, no one bites, he's essentially a free agent, and can sign with anyone at that point, opening us up to the possibility he just walks and we get nothing in return.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose