2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance Landale comes back, cause he's cheap and he wants to.

KD, Book, Landale - beyond that I almost expect everyone else to go right now.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
This guy walks through the options...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There is an underestimation of who might look to sign a min deal, look at Okogie's shots? He is a horrible shooter, yes I know you love him, but he isn't good or he would be floating around the NBA. They will get at least one or two lock down shooters who would love open looks. Ayton gives the Suns some depth, let's see how it plays out. Now Jones is no Pelinka but he can probably get off tik-tok or whatever the hell he scouts on and find some players that want to come here, for wide open looks. My guess is Josh Okogie continues to be a terrible shooter ands we can grab him for the min., sign Jock and Biz and find one more just rim protector.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I high fived Magic in the tunnel once at a game in Veteran's Memorial and he's never called me for advice either. Apparently basketball pros already know everything.
Both of you would air ball a free throw. That was damn! That dude in the Shamet jersey don't get no girls, I'll give him some high five. Magic is cool like that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe Book skipped both post game, and post season interviews. Wonder what's up.
Missing post game is lame enough but continuing to dodge the media today is really weak. Everyone else faced the music. You’re the leader of the team. Should be out front and center.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JJ earned the job, but what I am saying is you can't blow out two black FO people the same year. The Suns does the NBA a solid, they let the big markets hire white dudes and make the league look good by hiring minorities. If anything, in Phoenix we need a Mexican GM.

Notice how the NBA is super cool with the huge markets never hire diversity, it's all on the smaller markets. It's an observation.

Hell I am 100 percent ok with IT, he is black, but Jones, what has he ever done? He is terrible.
I’m pretty sure both of LA’s head coaches are black.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think they deal him in conference and I see ATL making huge changes. It’s all gonna depend on if they choose to role with Trae.

If they choose Trae then Murray is a real possibility and that would be best case scenario.
Amen.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are we really ready to move on from Monty?

We've had so many horrible coaches.. I'm scared we may go back to the old days..

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threads merged.

Here is where I rank them:

One of these three will be gone: Monty, CP3, Ayton 100%
CP3 + either Ayton or Monty gone: 75%
Ayton + Monty gone: 50%
All three gone: 25%

I could see Ayton staying without CP3 or Monty. Inversely I could see Monty given a chance with a full season of Durant and his two unreliables out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could somehow swing Ayton/Paul (which could give the Hawks cap relief) for Murray/Their Center Who’s Name I Can’t Remember, that would be a good start to putting pieces around these guys.

But to be honest, it won’t matter if the KD we saw against the Nuggets is the is the KD we get moving forward.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I would be interested in keeping outside of the top 4 in order

Landale
Bizzy
Payne
Okogie
Warren

These guys all make the minimum except for Payne. Craig's tough

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I would be interested in keeping outside of the top 4 in order

Landale
Bizzy
Payne
Okogie
Warren

These guys all make the minimum except for Payne. Craig's tough
Landale, Payne and Okogie are the ones who can stay for me. And you make Okogie do nothing but shoot corner 3s all off-season.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Saw Curt Shilling in old town back in the day - went to give him a high five but pulled my hand back at the last second and fixed my hair - he didn't give me any advice but he did look pretty angry - so my wife apologized and pulled me across the street

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's the ESPN+ Off-season guide for the Suns. I know I posted this in the Ayton thread.

Here's a part about the financials...

The Suns have only seven players under contract but once again project to be in the tax. The reason is that four of those players (Booker, Durant, Ayton and Paul) combine to earn 87% of the Suns' committed $164 million payroll. Paul's $30.8 million has $15.8 million in salary protection with the balance guaranteed June 28.

Payne's $6.5 million contract becomes guaranteed June 30. If Payne is waived, Phoenix would incur a $2 million cap hit. In the unlikely scenario that both Paul and Payne are waived, Phoenix would still be over the salary cap and have only the $12.2 million non-taxpayer midlevel exception and $4.5 million biannual exception to use in free agency

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
A few targets I would be on ASAP. The new CBA killed the Hawks. here is an example. "Dejounte Murray, for instance. He will make just $17.7 million next season, the final year of his current deal. A 40% bump wouldn't even take him to $25 million. We can't accurately project his max in 2024 without knowing where the cap will fall, but at a bare minimum, it's going to exceed $40 million. It still doesn't make sense for him to extend, and that's a major blow to the Hawks."

This could be a perfect spot for Ayton (he is gone, he will announce a trade desire today, so yes screw you who ever crapped on me for calling him Robert K loser), if we have to take Collins that's fine. DEI James Jones is high as **** on purple drank but Ishbia needs to move fast and reorganize this leadership group. Murray would be perfect for this team, he is a big point and can penetrate. As much as you all don't like IT, he is better than James Jones. He understands point guards not below average shooters matter.

Also, someone will take Paul, they just will. Don't forget there are Arizona Cardinal like organizations out there that will see Paul as a nice addition just to stay around the 90% cap min. Think Emmitt Smith. Paul is old and won't ever be healthy for the playoffs, collecting 30 million for what he is going into his 38 year old and 39 year old year is just dumb James Jones roster management.

On defense, I'd go hard for Dillon Brooks witht he mid level, I don't care if he is a jerk, he is a great defensive player adds toughness and a little crazy that we need, I have had enough of pray before every meal Shamet types, those guys are too soft, and we need an enforcer. I think he goes cheap this year.

We also need to find a few sharp shooters, the new CBA kind of screws a lot of the players as it creates those massive aprons.
Brooks is a clown, but i can deal with it as long as he cuts that hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard