2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So this seems to conflict with reports he is looking forward to a new start. Either way, not sure the Suns have a choice if they want flexibility to add impactful players to play alongside Booker and Durant.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
CP3 ain't going to be making $30M+ playing for PHX next year. The question is will PHX get a offer for Ayton that helps them. If its a bunch of scrubs and bad contracts, Ishbia may just decide to hold on to him and until he hopefully increases his trade value.

I know players like Monty but Budenholzer and Nurse are available and have that championship on their resumes.

Not sure how Ishbia feels about Jones. Does he want to bring in his own GM or does he have confidence that Jones can right the ship?
It won't be scrubs, that's the Bidwill Cardinals way of thinking. Da is 24, teams watched Mikal go from 12 points a game to all NBA votes, some one will be like look Monty is a nice man, I am sure he prays before every meal, but he isn't an elite coach, he has held two un-Jesus like grudges in two years, with Crowder and Ayton. Some GM will watch the film and say, we can fit this guy in, Phoenix isn't using him, which is actually true. Don't fall for the Cards trick, hey trade us Hopkins for a 7th!!!!!!!!!!!! Save Money!!!!!!!

Ayton has value, he probably brings in depth but we need some depth.

Now don't get me wrong, if little short king Bidwill was making the deal he would have done his fahter's impression and sent taken a 7th, but he hired a real GM. And Monti said *** we want a 2, call me back when Diggs gets hurt. Much respect to this GM, expect for the tampering.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
So this seems to conflict with reports he is looking forward to a new start. Either way, not sure the Suns have a choice if they want flexibility to add impactful players to play alongside Booker and Durant.
Bro - think. Behind closed doors I am sure they both agreed it was best to move on. But they told him, if you want to move don't come out and burn it all down, we won't be able to move you. Be professional and we will get you moved but we need value. That's how it works behind closed doors, don't let the press conference fool you.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Can't believe Book skipped both post game, and post season interviews. Wonder what's up.
Um Book is done with Monty obviously, why would Book come out and lose his mind? I'll give an example, I finished second in a major teaching award, it was 30,000. I still got 10K but I was pissed I lost the 30K, especially since I worked 60 hours per week and was doing PhD. Then I found out I actually won from the popular vote by a ton it was 6 to 1 but the Dean arbitrary gave the award to his friend.

The next day, I pretty much checked out. I needed a day because the **** I was going to say would not have gone well at all. So I just feigned illness. I was fine the next day, happy, congratulating the winner but that day after the day I lost and it was not the day to be at work, I was going to tell the dean to go **** himself and his family, not smart at all, so I just took the day off to process and then got my ass back to work the next day. Book is human, he will be fine in a few days.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is pissed. I am sure he doesn't want to say something that he doesn't mean. Smart on Book's part.

Nope gotta take your medicine. This board killed Dillion Brooks when he didn’t talk to the media, same with Cam Newton when he got blown out by Denver.

Got to keep that same energy even for the guys we like. The excuses for Booker have to stop he’s the leader of this team he has to act like it

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's also paid a lot to be the leader of the team. Not saying anything creates much more of a stir than giving anodyne quotes.
Yeah you gotta face the music as the face of the franchise. If you’re gonna get credit when things are good, you gotta handle it when things are bad. It’s not a good look.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta face the music as the face of the franchise. If you’re gonna get credit when things are good, you gotta handle it when things are bad. It’s not a good look.
Yep. We all have to eat you know what from time to time at work - none of us like it but we do it. Book is really well compensated, and should step up to the plate. Not talking will only make people talk more.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
He's also paid a lot to be the leader of the team. Not saying anything creates much more of a stir than giving anodyne quotes.
Exactly, he is probably pissed off, he understands his image, hell he probably called fitz and Fitz told him to take the day off man no one will remember it and no good will come from you venting, Book is emotional, he isn't as athletic as others he is a super star because he cares so much, he probably hates Ayton for being a *****. Book will be right back at it after a nice vacation.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yep. We all have to eat you know what from time to time at work - none of us like it but we do it. Book is really well compensated, and should step up to the plate. Not talking will only make people talk more.
The fact you said Book needs to step up to the plate is not a good take, he is the Suns. He needed a day, give the dude a day. No one is going to remember **** if he doesn't talk, if he loses his mind everyone will remember.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
You think? So if Book comes out and says DA is a ***** and let us down, Monty's .5 offense sucks, that goes over well? Do you remember Denny Green? lol? That **** doesn't die. Not everyone is an asexual robot like Fitz.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Also tell me what were Book's quotes from last year? How about the finals? I mean the stir!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
We all have to eat. But sometimes I want to lose my **** at work. That's when I walk away, chill out, talk to my trusted people, come back the next day and be professional.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A few targets I would be on ASAP. The new CBA killed the Hawks. here is an example. "Dejounte Murray, for instance. He will make just $17.7 million next season, the final year of his current deal. A 40% bump wouldn't even take him to $25 million. We can't accurately project his max in 2024 without knowing where the cap will fall, but at a bare minimum, it's going to exceed $40 million. It still doesn't make sense for him to extend, and that's a major blow to the Hawks."

This could be a perfect spot for Ayton (he is gone, he will announce a trade desire today, so yes screw you who ever crapped on me for calling him Robert K loser), if we have to take Collins that's fine. DEI James Jones is high as **** on purple drank but Ishbia needs to move fast and reorganize this leadership group. Murray would be perfect for this team, he is a big point and can penetrate. As much as you all don't like IT, he is better than James Jones. He understands point guards not below average shooters matter.

Also, someone will take Paul, they just will. Don't forget there are Arizona Cardinal like organizations out there that will see Paul as a nice addition just to stay around the 90% cap min. Think Emmitt Smith. Paul is old and won't ever be healthy for the playoffs, collecting 30 million for what he is going into his 38 year old and 39 year old year is just dumb James Jones roster management.

What does "DEI" mean in this context?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to note, Chris Paul can not be traded for another team to waive him and save roughly $15 million. His guarantee date is June 28th and the new league year is July 1st. He can be traded during the draft but that can't be made official until the league year starts, July 1st, so if he's dealt whoever gets him will be on the hook for his full salary next season.

Unless he agrees to move the guarantee date back, which doesn't make any sense, he'll get his $30 million next season or the Suns will cut him and get nothing in return.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly, he is probably pissed off, he understands his image, hell he probably called fitz and Fitz told him to take the day off man no one will remember it and no good will come from you venting, Book is emotional, he isn't as athletic as others he is a super star because he cares so much, he probably hates Ayton for being a *****. Book will be right back at it after a nice vacation.

These post from you just throwing out random stuff are funny.

Why would he talk to Larry Fitzgerald. From what I heard Booker really likes Ayton his problems are with Monty and Paul

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
These post from you just throwing out random stuff are funny.

Why would he talk to Larry Fitzgerald. From what I heard Booker really likes Ayton his problems are with Monty and Paul
Fitz is a Suns owner.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Guess maybe I should clarify, maybe they didn't talk just gave high fives for no reason. so random.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't believe Book skipped both post game, and post season interviews. Wonder what's up.
My guess is he doesn't want to have to lie when asked certain questions, and he doesn't really want to tell the truth publicly either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard