2023 NFL Mock Drafts

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Will Anderson was gone so I traded down with the Colts. There should be some competition for the third pick, so I walked away with three picks for moving down one slot and taking the player I would have taken at #3 anyway.

Carter immediately becomes the Cardinals defensive building block. He's a player that will demand blocking scheme attention immediately, freeing up the other young Cardinals front seven players.

Round two the Cardinals take Lukas Van Ness. He's a big kid who you can move around. Similar to Cam Thomas but more talented. A front seven with Zach Allen, Jalen Carter, Lukas Van Ness, Cam Thomas, and Myjai Sanders can get after the passer.

Next up with the Colts pick, the Cardinals select O'Cyrus Torrence who should start immediately. Big guy who moves well. Turn on his tape against Jalen Carter and you'll see he held his own and is pretty talented in his own right.

Garrett Williams is only available here because he is coming off an ACL tear, but he is extremely talented. Tough, physical, aggressive corner with decent length.

I know Mims isn't the biggest receiver, but he is a great value at this point. Shifty and has long speed.

Evans brings more talent to the RB room and should play regularly as a third down back. Talented player that didn't get enough PT in college, so he has plenty of tread.

Herbig is a playmaking LB with speed. Good teams draft a bevy of ILBs in the mid rounds and develop them. Herbig has the athletic profile and has made a ton of plays as a pass rusher and in coverage.

Hayes is a former TE who moved over to the OL and started at LT for Michigan. He's not a great athlete, but he's played a ton and should be a solid swing tackle, or a guard convert.

Schoonmaker will be a plus blocker and capable, yet underwhelming receiver in the NFL. I'm looking at him as a TE2/TE3 long term. He's the extra TE you bring in to block.

Moro Ojomo isn't a big space eaters, but he should be a capable backup DT in a 3-4. He produced solid pass rush numbers last year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Will Anderson was gone so I traded down with the Colts. There should be some competition for the third pick, so I walked away with three picks for moving down one slot and taking the player I would have taken at #3 anyway.

Carter immediately becomes the Cardinals defensive building block. He's a player that will demand blocking scheme attention immediately, freeing up the other young Cardinals front seven players.

Round two the Cardinals take Lukas Van Ness. He's a big kid who you can move around. Similar to Cam Thomas but more talented. A front seven with Zach Allen, Jalen Carter, Lukas Van Ness, Cam Thomas, and Myjai Sanders can get after the passer.

Next up with the Colts pick, the Cardinals select O'Cyrus Torrence who should start immediately. Big guy who moves well. Turn on his tape against Jalen Carter and you'll see he held his own and is pretty talented in his own right.

Garrett Williams is only available here because he is coming off an ACL tear, but he is extremely talented. Tough, physical, aggressive corner with decent length.

I know Mims isn't the biggest receiver, but he is a great value at this point. Shifty and has long speed.

Evans brings more talent to the RB room and should play regularly as a third down back. Talented player that didn't get enough PT in college, so he has plenty of tread.

Herbig is a playmaking LB with speed. Good teams draft a bevy of ILBs in the mid rounds and develop them. Herbig has the athletic profile and has made a ton of plays as a pass rusher and in coverage.

Hayes is a former TE who moved over to the OL and started at LT for Michigan. He's not a great athlete, but he's played a ton and should be a solid swing tackle, or a guard convert.

Schoonmaker will be a plus blocker and capable, yet underwhelming receiver in the NFL. I'm looking at him as a TE2/TE3 long term. He's the extra TE you bring in to block.

Moro Ojomo isn't a big space eaters, but he should be a capable backup DT in a 3-4. He produced solid pass rush numbers last year.
Very Nice!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
not bad...seems like Hayes and schoonmaker are redundunt though. Both basically just an extra blocking TE...
with the way the draft looks, I would consider drafting an OG at 169 instead of hayes. Likely to get more raw talent that way.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
not bad...seems like Hayes and schoonmaker are redundunt though. Both basically just an extra blocking TE...
with the way the draft looks, I would consider drafting an OG at 169 instead of hayes. Likely to get more raw talent that way.
Hayes is a massive LT.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also the Cardinals already have two, young IOL on the roster. Adding two is probably a bit too much. I considered a C, but the best were gone early.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Know who I would draft in round three? Hendon Hooker. Tore his acl on November 19 and is on track with rehab so far. That’s lighting a fire under two quarterbacks. Just sayin.
I would if the Cardinals had draft capital.

I'd consider DTR from UCLA on day three.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This draft is a Quantity draft. The Cardinals trade down for a haul of picks.

Gonzalez good size, speed, and ball skills. He'll be a day one starter and quickly become the best CB on the roster. Looks like a future Pro Bowler.

Foskey adds to the edge rotation. He brings in back-to-back double digit sack seasons from a blue blood program. He's not super twitchy so I don't expect him to be a top sack guy, but I can see him being a good #2 for years.

See above for Torrence. He's going to be a beast.

Kancey adds more to the pass rush. Short, stocky interior DL with outstanding burst and good pass rush moves. I'd be happy to add both Foskey and Kancey to the pass rush.

Achane is an explosive big play back that the Cardinals are missing. He can catch the ball as well.

Bergeron is a smooth mover who needs some development. He's a pick with the future of DJ Humphries in mind.

Henley is kind of what the Cardinals were hoping to get from Deone Buchanan. Hes a light, explosive LB who makes big plays in coverage. The Cardinals do need to plan for the loss of Simmons in the future.

Washington is an explosive, but smaller receiver but I'd bank on his talent at this point. He has experience in the return game and is a shifty offensive weapon. The Cardinals can't count on Rondale Moore.

I like RBs like DeWayne McBride. He's got great size, he's tough, and he can move a pile. Great vision and was one of the most productive college backs over the past few years. His downside is his pass blocking and catching...but if you want a tough, physical runner, McBride is your guy.

I expect Melton to go higher in a real draft. Good size, speed, and makes plays on the ball.

And here is the developmental backup QB. Clayton Tunes got a big arm and is a solid athlete.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This draft is a Quantity draft. The Cardinals trade down for a haul of picks.

Gonzalez good size, speed, and ball skills. He'll be a day one starter and quickly become the best CB on the roster. Looks like a future Pro Bowler.

Foskey adds to the edge rotation. He brings in back-to-back double digit sack seasons from a blue blood program. He's not super twitchy so I don't expect him to be a top sack guy, but I can see him being a good #2 for years.

See above for Torrence. He's going to be a beast.

Kancey adds more to the pass rush. Short, stocky interior DL with outstanding burst and good pass rush moves. I'd be happy to add both Foskey and Kancey to the pass rush.

Achane is an explosive big play back that the Cardinals are missing. He can catch the ball as well.

Bergeron is a smooth mover who needs some development. He's a pick with the future of DJ Humphries in mind.

Henley is kind of what the Cardinals were hoping to get from Deone Buchanan. Hes a light, explosive LB who makes big plays in coverage. The Cardinals do need to plan for the loss of Simmons in the future.

Washington is an explosive, but smaller receiver but I'd bank on his talent at this point. He has experience in the return game and is a shifty offensive weapon. The Cardinals can't count on Rondale Moore.

I like RBs like DeWayne McBride. He's got great size, he's tough, and he can move a pile. Great vision and was one of the most productive college backs over the past few years. His downside is his pass blocking and catching...but if you want a tough, physical runner, McBride is your guy.

I expect Melton to go higher in a real draft. Good size, speed, and makes plays on the ball.

And here is the developmental backup QB. Clayton Tunes got a big arm and is a solid athlete.
I see two elite difference makers & they won’t be available at 9. The most I trade down to is 4, only because the Colts will draft a QB. No matter what, I think it would be a big mistake to pass on either Anderson or Carter. You run to the podium if they’re there.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I see two elite difference makers & they won’t be available at 9. The most I trade down to is 4, only because the Colts will draft a QB. No matter what, I think it would be a big mistake to pass on either Anderson or Carter. You run to the podium if they’re there.
Gonzalez will be a difference maker at corner.

I agree that it would be a mistake to trade down.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Gonzalez will be a difference maker at corner.

I agree that it would be a mistake to trade down.
What Gonzalez would bring is a much needed ballhawk. The Cards lacked that momentum shift an interception gives a team. There are some options in round 2 that would fit that description as the pool is unusually deep. I agree no trade down and I think you feed the lines before the secondary.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we trade out of our spot we also run the risk of Carter/Anderson going to Seattle. Let’s not over think it and get a true difference maker
Yup.

The hope is that Chicago trades with Indy.

We get Anderson & Chicago gets Carter. Divisional rival Seattle gets neither.

Worst case scenario, Chicago trades with Houston. They get Anderson & we get Carter, but Seattle still gets neither.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup.

The hope is that Chicago trades with Indy.

We get Anderson & Chicago gets Carter. Divisional rival Seattle gets neither.

Worst case scenario, Chicago trades with Houston. They get Anderson & we get Carter, but Seattle still gets neither.

I think the best scenario we could hope for is trading 1 spot with the Colts.

1. CHI - Carter/Anderson
2. HOU - QB
3. IND - QB
4. ARI - Carter/Anderson

Maybe pick up an extra 2 or 1 next year? If we generate some buzz that Raiders want to trade up?

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Would you do this trade for #3? Give up #3 to Carolina for #9, #61, #132 in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Would you do this trade for #3? Give up #3 to Carolina for #9, #61, #132 in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024.

replace that 132 with that 39 and it is worth consideration. but I still wouldnt do it.
as its written, its a carolina wet dream

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn’t. Never give up a bonafide difference maker at 3 for a maybe good 9. At least one of the two best players in this draft should be available to us at 3. And BOTH of them are at positions of dire need for this football team. Run to the podium & draft either of these guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose