2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he’s the only player in the league capable of making that play.

I've seen LeBron do something close to that but it wasn't in that same situation with so much traffic around him. Bird made some passes like that too

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have rolled Ayton to the basket but not nearly enough. I think it's better than him standing there and waiting for the ball.

Paul and Ayton were the best pick and roll combo in the NBA last year. With Paul falling off it pretty much took that entire part of our offense away.

Paul could take two defenders with him and now he can’t get separation anymore. The problem was once it became clear it didn’t work anymore Monty had no clue what else to do

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic had only 4 assists when he was averaging over 10. He was not being doubled even when he had the ball in the paint. The Heat did not defend that way in game 1. Now, Denver will have to adjust to that zone. And they will.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many people seemed to crown the Nuggets early. Miami beating them in Denver and stealing homecourt is huge. Miami's whole postseason run seems inspired by bulletin board material counting them out. We're witnessing a special run right now by them as an 8th seed to now having home court for the final 5 games.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was a Larry bird pass. For sure.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In an email group I've been on for decades we're all still talking about this pass. Bird is the one most of us are saying for comparison. It's not like a Pistol Pete or Jason Williams flashy pass or no look it's just the sheer brilliance of it but also the "simplicity" of it? Barely in his hand and it's out to Gordon for the bucket. There's like 3 defenders around him so there's the concern with walking or a charge and he makes a perfect touch pass.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many people seemed to crown the Nuggets early. Miami beating them in Denver and stealing homecourt is huge. Miami's whole postseason run seems inspired by bulletin board material counting them out. We're witnessing a special run right now by them as an 8th seed to now having home court for the final 5 games.
They say a series doesn't start until someone steals a game. Well Miami did it. Now all the pressure is on Denver to steal one back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul and Ayton were the best pick and roll combo in the NBA last year. With Paul falling off it pretty much took that entire part of our offense away.

Paul could take two defenders with him and now he can’t get separation anymore. The problem was once it became clear it didn’t work anymore Monty had no clue what else to do

The Suns need to rework the offense using Paul, waive him or trade him if there is an opportunity.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns need to rework the offense using Paul, waive him or trade him if there is an opportunity.
I got no problem with Paul in like the last 5 minutes of a game when it is mostly half court set ups anyway. We do need a guy, maybe it's just Payne, who pushes the ball the rest of the game. Suns were much better when defenses didn't have time to set up on KD and Book. Plus both those guys are money in open court runs to the basket.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got no problem with Paul in like the last 5 minutes of a game when it is mostly half court set ups anyway. We do need a guy, maybe it's just Payne, who pushes the ball the rest of the game. Suns were much better when defenses didn't have time to set up on KD and Book. Plus both those guys are money in open court runs to the basket.

It's more about the injury situation with Chris Paul for me. I like a player that can stay healthy in the playoffs. The Suns must have plans for Paul's expiring contract to pay him $30 million.

I thought Kevin Young was staying. Flex said it was like a 50/50 thing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's more about the injury situation with Chris Paul for me. I like a player that can stay healthy in the playoffs. The Suns must have plans for Paul's expiring contract to pay him $30 million.

I thought Kevin Young was staying. Flex said it was like a 50/50 thing.
KY is staying. The Flex video was right after the Vogel announcement. KY was not hired yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In an email group I've been on for decades we're all still talking about this pass. Bird is the one most of us are saying for comparison. It's not like a Pistol Pete or Jason Williams flashy pass or no look it's just the sheer brilliance of it but also the "simplicity" of it? Barely in his hand and it's out to Gordon for the bucket. There's like 3 defenders around him so there's the concern with walking or a charge and he makes a perfect touch pass.
Exactly. It wasn’t flashy or fancy for flash-sake. It was supremely efficient and an example of jokic’s vision, mental processing speed, and physical dexterity.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ready to turn it off. Christian Braun reminds me of Alex Caruso.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose