2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah should of been a foul but you know… Lakers…
Agreed but Denver is making it harder on themselves, they've really pissed off the refs. Unless it's egregious, they just aren't getting the calls but at least the refs aren't inventing calls on the other end. They can still win this if they quit bitching at the refs and stop being so obvious when they get pissed about calls and then foul on the other end.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets are killing the Lakers on the boards. And, the Nuggets are more than happy to take their chances against Reaves, Hachimura and Schroeder. Is Davis even on the floor or did he not come out after halftime?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this game all wrong. We went for a walk after the first Q missed the whole 2nd Q. I figured 21 from Bron, Denver missing a ton of open 3's and it was only a 6 point Laker lead meant Denver would surge and lead at the half, not be down 15.

Looks like Lakers shot the lights out so even when Denver heated up a bit, they couldn't keep up.

I guess we'll see Denver is really good but 15 point deficit on the road is tough

Boy am I wrong about this game tonight, Denver already up 6 about to be more

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing with Jokic that amazes me is his hands. He routinely catches passes on the move with one hand and then just flicks it in the basket. Catching it is one thing but then being able to shoot with touch. He just missed one right at the end of the quarter but again to catch that and have the shot right on, just a bit long that's so hard to do.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets are so deep. It's puzzling they don't use their bench more.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Third guy LeBron has hit in the face tonight and I missed the entire 2nd Q.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jokic looks tired. They should buy him a couple of minutes, a timeout, or something.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid screen by Thompson means illegal screen not called, like when they say someone almost walked it means they did but not called. Thompson playing well though. Joker is clearly gassed but the Lakers had such a big lineup in there I think Denver was afraid to take Joker out

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, leB Ron is known for that and getting away with it

he decked KCP on that one where he lost the ball in the paint and AD came up with it. In fact they both hit KCP, Davis hit him first and then LeBron clocked him. They were both going for the ball but both should have been fouls

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid screen by Thompson means illegal screen not called, like when they say someone almost walked it means they did but not called. Thompson playing well though. Joker is clearly gassed but the Lakers had such a big lineup in there I think Denver was afraid to take Joker out

The Nuggets have nice size on the bench though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so hard to deal with that stuff. LeBron moved as Jokic ran into him that's not a charge. The stupid outside the circle thing is all refs look for these days. The 2nd one yeah clear charge but that first one was a foul on LeBron.

Completely changed the game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My goodness what a pass by Joker to Gordon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's so hard to deal with that stuff. LeBron moved as Jokic ran into him that's not a charge. The stupid outside the circle thing is all refs look for these days. The 2nd one yeah clear charge but that first one was a foul on LeBron.

Completely changed the game
Agree

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose