2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they need to worry about slowing down Murray and try and make Jokic a scorer. Try to limit his assists because that’s how the offense thrives.

I would lean Nuggets but I definitely think it’ll go at least 6 games.

That's sort of the strategy everyone does against the Nuggets but it doesn't seem to work anymore. He does like to pass but Jokic seems to have locked in when teams dare him to score, he scores, over and over.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a Landale interview, and he said Jokic was hard to guard because of the weird angles he gets shots off at. He said you would be defending a hook or jumper, and he said you would see Jokic's arm swing at a weird angle and suddenly it was a pass to an open defender, or a shot going through the net. He thought Jokic keeps guys off balance because of the weird angles he can get his shot off at.

his hook shot is pretty unique he almost flips the ball into the basket and he's extremely accurate with it. He often seems to start his shot before his head is fully turned so he's not looking at the rim, that's something coaches at every level will tell you not to do but he makes them.

ANd of course his "jumpshot" the release point is so high it's very difficult to block

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's sort of the strategy everyone does against the Nuggets but it doesn't seem to work anymore. He does like to pass but Jokic seems to have locked in when teams dare him to score, he scores, over and over.

And Jokic has every shot in the arsenal. There is nothing that a team can take away from him offensively. And if you double-team him, he will find the open shooter.

I still think putting a good defensive player in his lap might bother him a bit along with a quick double team.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jakic should foul out of every game in the 1st quarter if his hooking and slinging elbows were called. Of course, Lebron would be also when he lowers his shoulder and charges into the defender. Like I said before, NBA refs are the worst in professional sports.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron James with 21 first quarter points.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schroder is 3-3 from three. The Lakers can't miss and are up by 12.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schroder is 3-3 from three. The Lakers can't miss and are up by 12.
You just know the media is sitting on these comments in anticipation of this score holding up: Lakers are poised to become the first team ever to come back from an 0-3 deficit. The Lakers have clearly figured out Denver as they sailed to a dominant victory at home. Lebron once again proves he's the true MVP, EVERY YEAR.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just know the media is sitting on these comments in anticipation of this score holding up: Lakers are poised to become the first team ever to come back from an 0-3 deficit. The Lakers have clearly figured out Denver as they sailed to a dominant victory at home. Lebron once again proves he's the true MVP, EVERY YEAR.

The referees are doing their best to help.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the way Malone yells at the refs and told him to open your ******* eyes then haha! I hated absolutely hated how Monte would just sit there and take whatever crap was being shoved down his throat! Something to be said for a coach who stands up for his players and against crap ass officials!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love the way Malone yells at the refs and told him to open your ******* eyes then haha! I hated absolutely hated how Monte would just sit there and take whatever crap was being shoved down his throat! Something to be said for a coach who stands up for his players and against crap ass officials!
If I was a coach, I would be afraid of getting tossed a lot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this game all wrong. We went for a walk after the first Q missed the whole 2nd Q. I figured 21 from Bron, Denver missing a ton of open 3's and it was only a 6 point Laker lead meant Denver would surge and lead at the half, not be down 15.

Looks like Lakers shot the lights out so even when Denver heated up a bit, they couldn't keep up.

I guess we'll see Denver is really good but 15 point deficit on the road is tough

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon is so hard to figure out. Has the ball in the right hand driving in for a dunk, Davis whacks his left hand(no call) and he loses the ball? How did hitting the hand you didn't have the ball in cause him to lose that?

2 flops in a row one by Schroder one by Reaves.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon is so hard to figure out. Has the ball in the right hand driving in for a dunk, Davis whacks his left hand(no call) and he loses the ball? How did hitting the hand you didn't have the ball in cause him to lose that?

2 flops in a row one by Schroder one by Reaves.
I wondered the same thing on the first viewing but the national telecast shows a nice angle on the replay about a minute later and you can see why he lost the ball. AD got him on the wrist of the hand that was actually guiding the ball as he went up for a layup.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh the Nuggets are gonna bring it now the Lakers can’t possibly keep up the 65% from 3 crap they pulled out in the first and James will get fatigued as well if he try’s to continue playing on zero rest! But I’m sure the refs will try to help them not get swept…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing on the first viewing but the national telecast shows a nice angle on the replay about a minute later and you can see why he lost the ball. AD got him on the wrist of the hand that was actually guiding the ball as he went up for a layup.
Yeah should of been a foul but you know… Lakers…