2023 MLB Playoffs

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Astros talked a lot about taking the division - makes for a little extra interest in the series

Has been fun watching the Diamondbacks run.

Tonight didn't go their way, but they were in it.

Phillies are a tough and complete team, should be a lot of fun.

Hopefully AZ pulls it out

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good game 1 fellas. I was telling my text group, you guys are come back ready. Been doing it on the regular. That ninth would have had me pouring a double if I drank during the week.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Astros talked a lot about taking the division - makes for a little extra interest in the series

Has been fun watching the Diamondbacks run.

Tonight didn't go their way, but they were in it.

Phillies are a tough and complete team, should be a lot of fun.

Hopefully AZ pulls it out
The Astros took the division because the rangers bullpen and bottom end of their rotation are not very good. They have blown a lot of games and were hiding so far in the playoffs because of the shorter series. The rangers got a huge lead in this series going up 2-0. If their top two starters can repeat their performances then they will have a chance to win this series. The only other way I see them winning this series is if their offense can slug their way to a win. And right now their top bats are not producing.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's annoying... hate the fricking Asstros. I can't shake the feeling that they are still cheating, but have just found a better system of hiding it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That's annoying... hate the fricking Asstros. I can't shake the feeling that they are still cheating, but have just found a better system of hiding it.
Boy he definitely saw that change up all the way. Make one wonder why he ever needed to cheat in the first place. Wait…

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I hate to say it but this is the game that every rangers fan saw coming from a mile away because they struggled all year to hold leads in close games. Yet today was the first time it happened in the playoffs. A lot of it has to do with Chapman not being trusted to finish the 8th because of his poor command. On top of that the rangers hitters had every opportunity to make the Astros pay in the 8th and 9th and they were not able to execute. The rangers top hitters really flopped including Garcia losing his cool and not being available to help his team in the bottom of the 9th.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man I want Texas to win. The whole nation is with you @lorenzotexan
Thanks. I’m pissed that the Astros really came out on the better end of it after hitting Garcia with that pitch. In the end the rangers best hitter going gets hit and ejected. Abreu gets ejected but it actually did the Astros a favor by getting their closer out there a batter early with the new rules. And Baker got away with stalling afterward to extend the delay. I don’t want to see the rangers stoop to that level in the next game. Just want to see them eliminate the Astros.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m pissed that the Astros really came out on the better end of it after hitting Garcia with that pitch. I don’t want to see the rangers stoop to that level. Just want to see them eliminate the Astros.

Okay so I watched the highlights of that game.

Garcia absolutely should have been beaned after that home run.

He probably should be beaned the rest of the playoffs

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Okay so I watched the highlights of that game.

Garcia absolutely should have been beaned after that home run.

He probably should be beaned the rest of the playoffs
He will get beaned a lot then over his career. I’ve never once seen Garcia not admire one of his home runs and gesture towards his own dugout to fire them up. he does that after every home run. Like it or not I don’t think he deserves being thrown at.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will get beaned a lot then over his career. I’ve never once seen Garcia not admire one of his home runs and gesture towards his own dugout to fire them up. he does that after every home run. Like it or not I don’t think he deserves being thrown at.

It's the carrying the bat down the line and then throwing into the ground so hard it gets a bat flip.

He can act like that if he wants but that sort of showing up the pitcher will always get you beaned.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the carrying the bat down the line and then throwing into the ground so hard it gets a bat flip.

He can act like that if he wants but that sort of showing up the pitcher will always get you beaned.
100% deserved to get one in the ribs. The fact he didn’t realize that was coming shows a complete lack of self awareness

Lorenzo

Reaction score

This is dated imo. I used to think the same way and then got tired of watching baseball because it is often boring. Every other sport fosters for players to show their emotion and baseball has only caught up over the last 10 years or so to allow players to celebrate their successes. Throwing a ball 99mph at someone because they celebrated a HR is dangerous and doesn’t make any sense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
100% deserved to get one in the ribs. The fact he didn’t realize that was coming shows a complete lack of self awareness
Garcia was hit because the Astros fear his bat. It has nothing to do with his celebration. What would be the difference if the rangers hit one of the Astros players because they were offended by their excessive celebration? Yes the Astros were doing it too if you go back and watch. It would be a cheap excuse to go after one of their top players because they can’t get them out by pitching to them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Eh I think you save that for next regular season. You don’t purposefully plunk a guy in a tight ALCS game/series.
That was Houston’s argument (that the situation didn’t call for anything intentional) and I agree with that. It comes with a lot of consequences if it goes wrong. If Texas had held the game the storyline today would be a Houston meltdown. I don’t know that they were intentionally hitting him for his celebration. I think they wanted to neutralize his bat given that if he gets a big hit there, the game is likely over. So they are probably brushing him there and missed with the pitch. Abreu walked the batter in front of him on 4 or 5 pitches so he was having problems. Garcia has been the best rangers hitter in the series with seager in a slump. There would have been no reason for Houston to put anything over the plate for Garcia to hit there.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garcia was hit because the Astros fear his bat. It has nothing to do with his celebration. What would be the difference if the rangers hit one of the Astros players because they were offended by their excessive celebration? Yes the Astros were doing it too if you go back and watch. It would be a cheap excuse to go after one of their top players because they can’t get them out by pitching to them.
So if they are scared of his bat the solution is to drill him in the ribs? C’mon. You pitch around him or you intentionally walk him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard