2023 MLB Playoffs

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The teams with the five best records in 2023. Four have been eliminated already. The Braves might be gone tonight.

Attachments

• TOP 5.JPG
    TOP 5.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 6

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Phillies up 2-1 in the bottom of the 5th. All 3 runs by homers so far.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Texas, Houston, AZ, and Philly

Texas won a huge game 1 today with their much maligned bullpen. I think that means that they have their top 2 starters available to pitch in game 2 and 3. Thankfully the bullpen can be managed differently in the playoffs, but they need Chapman to regather himself for tight game situations. he got bailed out today by a crucial double play.
I don’t think I’ve ever predicted so many correct series wins. Wow

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
LOL... indeed. Hey, as a Phils fan, I am definitely not taking the DBacks for granted given how the MLB post-seasons seem to typically go these days. I think it's just going to come down to whichever team grabs the momentum first.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is gonna be a fun NLCS. If I had to predict, I’d say Philly in 6 but by no means would I be surprised if Arizona stole game 1 or 2. Carroll is going to have to play like he’s been and at least one of Walker/Gurriel/Marte need to supply some power to combat the power of the Phillies.

Arizona’s got a shot. Keep being aggressive on the base paths and keep the bullpen ready

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Dbacks have an excellent shot at beating the Phillies and advancing to the World Series. Get hot at the right time and good things can happen. If Gallen and Kelly stay true to form, and Pfaadt pitches like he did in Game 3 vs. the Dodgers, Dbacks can absolutely advance - in less than 7 games. The St. Louis Cardinals were 83-78 in 2006 and ended up winning the World Series that year.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think the Dbacks have an excellent shot at beating the Phillies and advancing to the World Series. Get hot at the right time and good things can happen. If Gallen and Kelly stay true to form, and Pfaadt pitches like he did in Game 3 vs. the Dodgers, Dbacks can absolutely advance - in less than 7 games. The St. Louis Cardinals were 83-78 in 2006 and ended up winning the World Series that year.
Truly. Any of the four teams left could potentially win it all. I'm rooting for the Phillies because I've been a fan of them since I was a kid. But failing that, I'd be good with D-Backs or even Rangers winning it.

Just not the Astros - tired of seeing those cheaters winning. They have become the MLB version of the Patriots... obnoxious and (not coincidentally) underhanded.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Truly. Any of the four teams left could potentially win it all. I'm rooting for the Phillies because I've been a fan of them since I was a kid. But failing that, I'd be good with D-Backs or even Rangers winning it.

Just not the Astros - tired of seeing those cheaters winning. They have become the MLB version of the Patriots... obnoxious and (not coincidentally) underhanded.
I want to see the rangers and d-backs. And it may very well happen. The main concern is that the rangers haven’t faired well head to head vs Houston especially at the end of the year. But the rangers are doing a lot of things differently in the postseason that they were not able to do in August and September given the playoff schedule and the health of many of their key players.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I want to see the rangers and d-backs. And it may very well happen. The main concern is that the rangers haven’t faired well head to head vs Houston especially at the end of the year. But the rangers are doing a lot of things differently in the postseason that they were not able to do in August and September given the playoff schedule and the health of many of their key players.
I was a Rangers fan up until the Dbacks came along... it would be weird

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I was a Rangers fan up until the Dbacks came along... it would be weird
that would be strange, but it might happen. I imagine most people favor the phillies and the Astros. Trash cans vs Harper. I wouldn’t watch a game if those 2 make it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be strange, but it might happen. I imagine most people favor the phillies and the Astros. Trash cans vs Harper. I wouldn’t watch a game if those 2 make it.

I would I will root against the Astros all day every day

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I would I will root against the Astros all day every day
Absolutely and to be clear when I say most people favor the Astros and Phillies I mean they are thinking they will win. I don’t know anyone outside of those cities rooting for them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard