2023 HR Derby & MLB All Star Game

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sister of Orioles’ Adley Rutschman becomes viral sensation during Home Run Derby

Adley Rutschman wasn’t the only member of his family drawing eyeballs during this year’s Home Run Derby.

As the star Orioles catcher, 25, put on an impressive display at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, smashing 27 homers while hitting from both sides of the plate, cameras panned to loved ones cheering him on, including his sister, Josie.

The Twitterverse naturally had much to say about the Home Run Derby’s unexpected star, who could be seen supporting Rutschman in the stands.

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched about 10 minutes of the Derby and turned it off.

That presentation was absolutely awful. That camera, facing the batter from the front in a limited view, was like watching batting practice; absolutely terrible, even the announcers could not keep track of home run count.

The format is also totally reliant on if the "pitcher" and batter are in sync and getting balls in the right spot.

Give each batter, 20 balls, from a pitching machine, all at the same speed, right down the middle... and the product would be worlds better.

Blows my mind how much money goes into this stuff and they still put out such a garbage product.

I hated the bonus time for hitting 440 ft. Guys screwing up their swings for weeks after the HR derby is a real thing and now making them try to hit it that deep can really have an impact post game.

Arozarena won it without the 30 seconds bonus time.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We have to keep this guy. The ball park is littered with his hair headbands now. Do not JD Martinez us Kendrick!!
100% Agree! He's really come into his own in AZ. He's old enough to be a leader, but still young enough to be productive for several more years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard