2023 Hot Stove

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will bet someone $10 that Ohtani will retire at the end of the contract and "buy" 15% of the Dodgers with the money.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
MLB better kill this deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Can they? I'd love to see that happen but I don't know if the CBA allows them to or not. I'm curious if you, or anyone, knows for sure.

No matter what they need to add some sort of deferment cap to the next CBA. I can see letting some happen but maybe only allow it to be like 10% or 20% of the contract. Even then I'd rather them be stricter. That or maybe something like deferred money counts 2 or 3x against the CBT in those years so that teams can't try to get around it like this.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Can they? I'd love to see that happen but I don't know if the CBA allows them to or not. I'm curious if you, or anyone, knows for sure.

No matter what they need to add some sort of deferment cap to the next CBA. I can see letting some happen but maybe only allow it to be like 10% or 20% of the contract. Even then I'd rather them be stricter. That or maybe something like deferred money counts 2 or 3x against the CBT in those years so that teams can't try to get around it like this.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Unfortunately it is perfectly legal.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems like Such BS to allow teams to do this! So unless you play with funny money it will be tough to compete with teams willing to hand out contracts like that deferring 10years of crazy money geesh… total joke!
Agree, the deferment clause is ridiculous. I’m so not an expert on the inner workings of the CBA but some semblance of a salary cap needs to happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They were saying on the radio, Ohtani will be paid years afterwards beyond the ten years.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They were saying on the radio, Ohtani will be paid years afterwards beyond the ten years.
He's this generation's Bobby Bonilla. It's crazy that Bobby will still be getting paid when Ohtani's deferred payments start.