2023 ARZ Offseason

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ohtani won’t equal his dollar amount on the field but he’ll surpass it off the field. He’s the only true international superstar in MLB. Ichiro’s peak was pre-social media in a non-huge media market.

The Dodgers also acquired Tyler Glasgow and expect Walker Buehler to be healthy next year. They might set the wins record if healthy but that doesn’t mean anything in a playoff series.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like twitter links are broken and have been for 24 hours now.

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohtani won’t equal his dollar amount on the field but he’ll surpass it off the field. He’s the only true international superstar in MLB. Ichiro’s peak was pre-social media in a non-huge media market.

The Dodgers also acquired Tyler Glasgow and expect Walker Buehler to be healthy next year. They might set the wins record if healthy but that doesn’t mean anything in a playoff series.
I don't know about that. The Angels attendance the last two years were 20 years lows and revenue wise saw a low 10s of millions in extra revenue. The Dodges already still out every game, so there won't be a bump there. An extra $10-$15 million in revenue won't add up when the final payment is due.

The exact figure is not known - and the Angels won’t provide one -- but Ohtani is said to annually generate somewhere in the low tens of millions of dollars in additional revenue for the team, a major reason he hasn’t been traded in the lead-up to his free agency."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I love that we are building on what we already have, rather than trading away from positions that we think we are deep at but invariably creating new holes… a trade mark of the Dbacks during the 2010s.
James Jones needs to have a sit down with Hazen.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
I like what they have so far -

C - Moreno
1B - Walker
2B - Marte
SS - Perdomo
3B - Suarez
LF - Gurriel
CF - Thomas
RF - Carroll
DH - Rivera

SP - Gallen
SP - Kelly
SP - Rodriguez
SP - Pfaadt
SP - Henry

But there are a few questions. Will they sign a dependable DH? Are we getting the Perdomo that we saw the forst half of the year or the Perdomo from the rest of his time here? Are they sold on Pfaadt and Henry as their #4 and #5 starters?

I get the feeling they'll sign that DH, that Lawler will eventually be the SS, andd that they'll go with Pfaadt and Henry (or another young arm) until they prove they can or can't handle the job.