2023 3rd round pick #72 is Garrett Williams CB

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While I don't love PFR's Approximate Value metric, it's a good baseline for a discussion like this, which combines minor contributions to a team (which being a second or third QB would provide) with long periods of time. McCown's AV is 40. His career comps are Mark Wilson, Mike Tomczak, Mike Livingston, and Mike Phipps. I've heard of one of those guys.

Matt Cassel's AV is 47.
Jay Cutler's is 86.
Nick Foles's is 32 (hilariously, his AV in the year he lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl is 2, but the year he went 4-7 as a starter for the Rams (a thing that apparently happened) was 3).
Derek Carr's is 82.
I remember them all. To no one’s surprise, they were ALL garbage.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don't love PFR's Approximate Value metric, it's a good baseline for a discussion like this, which combines minor contributions to a team (which being a second or third QB would provide) with long periods of time. McCown's AV is 40. His career comps are Mark Wilson, Mike Tomczak, Mike Livingston, and Mike Phipps. I've heard of one of those guys.

Matt Cassel's AV is 47.
Jay Cutler's is 86.
Nick Foles's is 32 (hilariously, his AV in the year he lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl is 2, but the year he went 4-7 as a starter for the Rams (a thing that apparently happened) was 3).
Derek Carr's is 82.
Wow. It's official.. we are now deep into the offseason. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was supposed to be the HC of the Houston Texans for the past two years but he didn't have any coaching experience.

Putting a QB who was 23-53 as a starter into a conversation of the best QBs of the past 20 years is pretty deranged. He was 1-10 as a starter for the Bucs.
Thank you for allowing me not to respond to the silliness.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
lol...
Josh McCown might be top 10 Cardinals QB all time...definitely arizona cardinals

remember that game, Josh rolled to the left and took off down field, the Mike sized him up and attacked,.... and from the steaming mass of flesh piled in the middle of the field....Josh McCown stands and signals....FIRST DOWN!!!

dude wasnt the best QB...but he was a football player for sure.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a diehard Cuse fan, I can’t wait to see Garrett on the field soon. I think that as bad as Wilson has been, we’re going to see this kid sooner than people think.
GW has to be better than MW lol. MW was so up & down at Florida the 3 years he spent there, being a Kentucky fan & season ticket holder I watched MW in person & during SEC games, he'd be stuck like glue to a WR on one play & give up a long TD pass on the next. I'll never forget watching the Florida -vs- LSU game where he pulled the cleat off of the LSU player & threw it lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The fact he’s rarely seen during the game is a good indication of how well he’s playing. Opposing teams avoid him. Of course Wilson is so bad you can always count on the camera to be focused on whom he’s supposed to be covering.
Not hearing a CBs name mentioned all game long is a fantastic thing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
lol...
Josh McCown might be top 10 Cardinals QB all time...definitely arizona cardinals

remember that game, Josh rolled to the left and took off down field, the Mike sized him up and attacked,.... and from the steaming mass of flesh piled in the middle of the field....Josh McCown stands and signals....FIRST DOWN!!!

dude wasnt the best QB...but he was a football player for sure.

Nothing and nobody was going to stop McCown from wringing every single last drop of potential from his football ability and NFL career. He must have loved it.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was sitting 2nd row on the 50 in the carrier dome to see Williams win the game with a pick 6 for SU against Wake Forest. Bring a SU fan, I knew the kid was legit but didn’t expect him to start this well. So happy for him. I’m sure part of it is Wilson’s guy is always open but I’ll take it. Hopefully we find a true #1CB this offseason or Williams grows into the roll.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The fact he’s rarely seen during the game is a good indication of how well he’s playing. Opposing teams avoid him. Of course Wilson is so bad you can always count on the camera to be focused on whom he’s supposed to be covering.
I do feel that teams targeting Wilson so much is casting some glow on Williams. I don't know that he can be given the credit for teams not throwing at him as much as we would like,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA