2023 2nd round #41 pick is BJ Ojulari LB

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is ok to be disappointed by a player. It isn't a referendum on his future career.
I’m disappointed that he was injured in the offseason & because of that he’s not ready to contribute just yet. Because this team really needed contributions from him sooner rather than later. Maybe I’m wrong, but I see him being a steady contributor and not an eye opening stud.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m disappointed that he was injured in the offseason & because of that he’s not ready to contribute just yet. Because this team really needed contributions from him sooner rather than later. Maybe I’m wrong, but I see him being a steady contributor and not an eye opening stud.
And this is what is disappointing for some because they share your view. Generally speaking, steady guys contribute right away, especially if they are drafted highly. The competition for Ojulari isn't that great.

My guess is that he isn't strong enough to contribute at this point and Gardeck has the sub EDGE role locked down. Looking at the snaps and the roster, Rallis seems to be ok with players who are limited as a speed rusher but can hold up at POA and can bull rush.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can’t believe that we have some on this board already passing judgment on a 2nd round pick one stinking month into his rookie season after missing 100% of the offseason. Really???
Yeah, how dare anyone desire more than 9 snaps out of their 2nd-round pick?

Bad take, PA. No one's crucifying the kid here. Bad take.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, how dare anyone desire more than 9 snaps out of their 2nd-round pick?

Bad take, PA. No one's crucifying the kid here. Bad take.
Crucifying?? Bad take on my part? LOL. You have a claim if the kid had been around for OTA’s and training camp. He wasn’t.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Crucifying?? Bad take on my part? LOL. You have a claim if the kid had been around for OTA’s and training camp. He wasn’t.
No one's complaining about the kid (really, so far); we've barely seen him.

But how and why did we invest the 41st overall pick in the draft in a guy who wasn't healthy and couldn't contribute?

Stout

Reaction score
I can’t believe that we have some on this board already passing judgment on a 2nd round pick one stinking month into his rookie season after missing 100% of the offseason. Really???
Yes, a bad take. 100 percent a bad take. You act like posters are crucifying the kid or writing him off already. Wanting a 2nd round pick to be able to muster more than 9 snaps isn't an uber-negative take that would prompt this reply.

I get it. You'd rather the entire board be in jackbooted lockstep in Positivity Fantasy Land and never whisper one word that could ever possibly be construed as negative. Nagannahappen.

Edit: And this is coming from a hardcore darksider who has, in case you've missed it, been sunshine and daisies this season. This is why the whining about negativity irks us, if you would like to know. When we get positive and show positivity on the team, someone like you will go nuts the first time a negative word is perceived. That's way, way more annoying than "constant negativity" @PACardsFan. Way worse.

Edit 2: If it offends your sensibility so much that you can't believe we'd say such horrible things, take the advice you always want to dish out and simply don't reply.

Edit 3: This is to say I have no more edits :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one's complaining about the kid (really, so far); we've barely seen him.

But how and why did we invest the 41st overall pick in the draft in a guy who wasn't healthy and couldn't contribute?
Did we definitely know he was injured to the point that he would miss as much time as he did? That I don’t know? Whatever the case, he now needs to stay healthy and improve every week. I expect he will, but I’m sure this discussion will be ongoing throughout the season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, a bad take. 100 percent a bad take. You act like posters are crucifying the kid or writing him off already. Wanting a 2nd round pick to be able to muster more than 9 snaps isn't an uber-negative take that would prompt this reply.

I get it. You'd rather the entire board be in jackbooted lockstep in Positivity Fantasy Land and never whisper one word that could ever possibly be construed as negative. Nagannahappen.

Edit: And this is coming from a hardcore darksider who has, in case you've missed it, been sunshine and daisies this season. This is why the whining about negativity irks us, if you would like to know. When we get positive and show positivity on the team, someone like you will go nuts the first time a negative word is perceived. That's way, way more annoying than "constant negativity" @PACardsFan. Way worse.

Edit 2: If it offends your sensibility so much that you can't believe we'd say such horrible things, take the advice you always want to dish out and simply don't reply.

Edit 3: This is to say I have no more edits :)
Must be horrible to be 85% miserable throughout the year. But, you’ve chosen that path for yourself, so not my place to try and change you. Your perception of yourself being mostly sunshine and daisies is quite funny though lol. My point has nothing to do with my overall positive demeanor. Just silly to be critical of any rookie in the first month of a season when the kid has had no offseason.

Stout

Reaction score
Must be horrible to be 85% miserable throughout the year. But, you’ve chosen that path for yourself, so not my place to try and change you. Your perception of yourself being mostly sunshine and daisies is quite funny though lol. My point has nothing to do with my overall positive demeanor. Just silly to be critical of any rookie in the first month of a season when the kid has had no offseason.
Please point to my bevy of negative posts since the season started. In case you didn't read it in the first place, I did say since the season started. Because why flip out about a bad team that was set up to be bad?

What's silly is to be critical of people worried that a high pick rookie is limited to 9 snaps in a game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please point to my bevy of negative posts since the season started. In case you didn't read it in the first place, I did say since the season started. Because why flip out about a bad team that was set up to be bad?

What's silly is to be critical of people worried that a high pick rookie is limited to 9 snaps in a game.
I think you misinterpreted my post. I do know that you have tried to be more positive of late. That’s why I did laugh at how you described that. Just to be clear, there is a reason why Ojulari only had 9 snaps. He’s been used primarily on 3rd downs, and our D was so bad that the Niners almost never needed a 3rd down to earn a fresh set of downs. Otherwise, he would have had far more snaps.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y’all need to chill. He’s been just as productive as Tyree Wilson.

Tyree Wilson was the guy I most wanted us to NOT draft. Other than a few of the QB reaches, he, above all, screamed bust with a mega horn.

He better be better than Tyree Wilson, because Tyree Wilson was drafted by the Raiders, and the Raiders are stupid and Wilson sucks.

That said... I'm willing to wait on BJ, thus far, he's done jack all, but also, thus far the staff and front office look competent. Maybe BJ will work out... and even if he doesn't, no one bats 1.000.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison