2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns don't have rookies or defenders. Welcome to Suns fandom. The Monty years were an anomaly.
That's why when our scoring sucked this past season it made it so much worse. We were supposed to be outscoring other teams. We went all in on offense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Umm, do they really think some other coach is going to do much better with that crap roster?

That is a lot of money to eat in this situation.
Look, I am glad we moved on from Monty but sheesh that would be ridiculous firing him with that crap he had to work with. If you are going to make Monty the highest paid coach? At least let the man have time to build the roster around his system.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns and lakers only teams with two players? Something is wrong with selection process imo.
IDK, Arguably KD is a HOF player and he statistically had a killer season. Booker has finally got consideration around the league as one of the better players. Top 15 for Booker? I can see that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK, Arguably KD is a HOF player and he statistically had a killer season. Booker has finally got consideration around the league as one of the better players. Top 15 for Booker? I can see that.
I don't think there's any doubt that KD is a lock for the HOF and yes, he had a killer statistical season. I'm not sure I'd put either player in the top 15 though but that might be an overreaction to the sour taste in my stomach every time I think about this past season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt that KD is a lock for the HOF and yes, he had a killer statistical season. I'm not sure I'd put either player in the top 15 though but that might be an overreaction to the sour taste in my stomach every time I think about this past season.
I also think it's other that make up this vote having a less critical eye than us in making the teams up. I think we view our players more harshly now. In seasons past, we were pissed when Booker wasn't on this list.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was arguably for him being all NBA second team, which some here think he's not good enough for top 15.
he might not be top 15 today, but he's an all time great. the question for me is where does he fall in that regard. I think as a scorer he's top 20 closer to 10, somewhere around Dirk. they remind me a lot of the other. 2 guys that are not able to be stopped whenever the decide they want to take over a game. and both clutch as ever. I go back to that game 4 in OKC in 2011 where dirk had a performance in the clutch unlike that I've seen from few others. it was basically cheat code. and KD was on the other side taking notes for what he would eventually achieve in his career.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was arguably for him being all NBA second team, which some here think he's not good enough for top 15.
You said he was arguably a Hall of Fame player, that's what I was referring to. With as much flack he gets from Suns fans, there is at least one undisputed fact: KD is a first-ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You said he was arguably a Hall of Fame player, that's what I was referring to. With as much flack he gets from Suns fans, there is at least one undisputed fact: KD is a first-ballot Hall of Famer for sure.
I miswrote what I meant. Sorry I should have been more clear. However, I have no beef with you and never have. So I am being honest in what I say I meant. Don't put me in the camp of changing my story on you. I am saying I could have been clearer in what I wrote. I did not say he was arguably a HOF player, English is not a precise language and I am seeing how you read it, but not what my intent was. Not arguing. Just explaining. Hopefully this clears things up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I miswrote what I meant. Sorry I should have been more clear. However, I have no beef with you and never have. So I am being honest in what I say I meant. Don't put me in the camp of changing my story on you. I am saying I could have been clearer in what I wrote. I did not say he was arguably a HOF player, English is not a precise language and I am seeing how you read it, but not what my intent was. Not arguing. Just explaining. Hopefully this clears things up.
That's fine, I didn't think it was an argument.