2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doc Rivers to be new Bucks Coach

This is crazy, not the hiring, but the firing and the underlying reason behind the firing.

Word is that Giannis was unhappy that coach would not let his bros play or see any time. So Giannis wanted him gone, and their coach was the only person in the organization not to give into their demands/requests.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is crazy, not the hiring, but the firing and the underlying reason behind the firing.

Word is that Giannis was unhappy that coach would not let his bros play or see any time. So Giannis wanted him gone, and their coach was the only person in the organization not to give into their demands/requests.
Considering Giannis' brothers aren't NBA-level players, this is extremely telling.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When did Giannis become a diva? Thought he was a good dude

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If true, I'd let Thanasis play, at least at garbage time, to keep Giannis. He is that good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do the same with Bronny, to get Lebron.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Sounds like Giannis wants to show the coaching staff - the front office and Dame that it's his team

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If true, he has a point. His brother is AWESOME. Personally, I'd love to see him get way more playing time. The longer second video is amazing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Remember when we signed Zoran to appease Goran, then Goran got pissed because we didn't play Zoran enough... we traded both to Miami and he Heat promptly waived Zoran. Fulfilling obviously stupid demands tends to lead to even stupider demands.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burns and Gambo are saying there are rumblings that with Mikel Bridges numbers down a bit, the Nets might be looking to reset and would consider moving him.

After trade from Suns: 25.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg and 2.6 apg.

This year: 21.3 ppg. 5.2 rpg. 3.9 apg,

They must be talking strictly from a scoring perspective?!?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burns and Gambo are saying there are rumblings that with Mikel Bridges numbers down a bit, the Nets might be looking to reset and would consider moving him.

Brooklyn needs a point guard. IMO, they'd be pretty good if they got one. Their roster is Claxton and 11 wing players who mostly overlap. Dinwiddle is their de-facto point guard and he is absolute trash in the role. Their other primary ball handler is Cam Thomas, who is the black holeiest black hole that ever black holed.

They don't really have the option to blow it up because the Rockets own loads of their picks from the Harden trade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That team doesn’t really have a future to build around. They’ve got lots of picks, nice pieces with Mikal and Cam, but they don’t even have a legit 2, much less a 1. They should trade Mikal for another haul of picks and start totally from scratch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That team doesn’t really have a future to build around. They’ve got lots of picks, nice pieces with Mikal and Cam, but they don’t even have a legit 2, much less a 1. They should trade Mikal for another haul of picks and start totally from scratch.
Which NBA team has a haul of picks that would make sense? I remember prior to the KD trade, the Suns actually were the team with the most surplus picks in the league. I guess maybe OKC, but they're doing pretty well right now? Maybe Houston to get some of their picks back? Curious what the market is a) for Mikal Bridges and b) which team with a haul of picks would be worthwhile. Going to a contender basically would get the Nets some glorified second rounders.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rockets own their draft future. Unless they trade with the Rockets, then blowing it up would be very counter productive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not buying it. ESPN+ had something the other day saying anyone but Mikal is moveable as ownership wants to build around him. Apparently they're trying to get Brogdan from Portland to help out. Mikal isn't going anywhere. They were offered a boatload of picks by Memphis after acquiring him and could have doubled their KD haul but passed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not buying it. ESPN+ had something the other day saying anyone but Mikal is moveable as ownership wants to build around him. Apparently they're trying to get Brogdan from Portland to help out. Mikal isn't going anywhere. They were offered a boatload of picks by Memphis after acquiring him and could have doubled their KD haul but passed.
Everything changes. I believe it's very possible. If his scoring down and they don't believe he can be the number one player it makes sense to move him and continue to stockpile assets. If they can get Brogdan or another major piece that's different. They didn't say anything was imminent only that they might be willing to consider it.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Mikal is not a franchise player. I used to compare him to Pippen as one of the best complementary players. That Nets team needs a true star like KD, Harden, Irvine to build around, and Mikal'd be a great 2nd piece.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal is not a franchise player. I used to compare him to Pippen as one of the best complementary players. That Nets team needs a true star like KD, Harden, Irvine to build around, and Mikal'd be a great 2nd piece.
I agree. I think he's a great complementary player but IMO he's just not cut out to be the primary scorer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I think we are seeing teams adjusting to him and giving him a lot more attention. The only way he was going to keep up that scoring this year was if he became very accustomed to taking and making tough shots. Doesn't appear he has.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal would be a great 3rd piece and is a mediocre second piece. A team with a big two of Booker/Mikal or KD/Mikal would be a .500 team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard