2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now the Thunder get a top Euro. I hope the Suns are scouting overseas players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
and offer them a minimum contract? Pretty sure they make more than that in Europe.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and offer them a minimum contract? Pretty sure they make more than that in Europe.

The point being, the Suns should be scouting overseas talent or they are missing a vast talent pool.

Of course, they have to have enough scouts to do so. I haven't heard Mat Ishbia address this issue.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The point being, the Suns should be scouting overseas talent or they are missing a vast talent pool.

Of course, they have to have enough scouts to do so. I haven't heard Mat Ishbia address this issue.
Yeah I get that, my point is it is far from a pressing issue. We should have at least 3 years before we could sign anyone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get that, my point is it is far from a pressing issue. We should have at least 3 years before we could sign anyone.

The Suns should have been doing it on a regular basis. This is how they got Goran Dragic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you look at the photo I linked?

Elon broke twitter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I read the photo. It looked like there are new limits on reading posts.

I wondered if others were having the issue as well. This is why I asked.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I read the photo. It looked like there are new limits on reading posts.

I wondered if others were having the issue as well. This is why I asked.

On Twitter all the posts are about Twitter being broken.

People can tweet but it seems everyone went over their “limit” of reading tweets in under an hour.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Twitter all the posts are about Twitter being broken.

People can tweet but it seems everyone went over their “limit” of reading tweets in under an hour.

As a result, the majors sports sites don't seem to have much new information either. I'm not tweeting, only wanting to view.

It's going back to the old days if they limit reads on twitter.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow what does all these $40-50 million a year contracts do to the cost of ticket prices? Does the revenues cover it or do we pay as fans wanting to watch in person?

Eventually, I think the new CBA will limit player salaries. Right now, teams are trying to catch up to the new rules. I think this is what we are seeing.

Hopefully, new television money will help stabilize ticket prices going forward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Beverley is signing with the 76ers.

Michael Scotto @MikeAScotto

3 minutes ago

Patrick Beverley announced he’s signing with the Philadelphia 76ers via @PatBevPod. It’s a one-year deal, league sources told @hoopshype.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks trade Obi Toppin to the Pacers for two second round picks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By adding FVV and Brooks the Rockets have assembled 4 of the worst 15 shooters in the NBA last season by adjusted shooting percentage. They also managed to ditch (for basically zero return) every good shooter they had.

They are having one helluva off season.

They also don't own their pick next year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By adding FVV and Brooks the Rockets have assembled 4 of the worst 15 shooters in the NBA last season by adjusted shooting percentage. They also managed to ditch (for basically zero return) every good shooter they had.

They are having one helluva off season.

They also don't own their pick next year.

Probably better than paying $40m or whatever it would have cost for Harden. They do have a couple of decent young players in Jalen Green, Kevin Porter Jr, Alperun Sengun, and Jabari Smith.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potentially good changes in the NBA especially the coach being awarded a second challenge if ruled correct.

The flopping technical could open a can of worms.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm sorry. The NBA is so out to lunch on this technical flopping. There is not a flopping problem in the NBA. The problem is that defenders have to flop in so many cases because the referees consistently allow offensive players to run them over. Probably the four most frequent offenders just happened to be the last three League MVPs + The worst of the bunch, the preseason favorite last year for MVP Luka Dončić.

Talk about misguided and a day late and a Dollar short. The heyday of actual flopping is 10 years passed with Manu Ginóbili and Chris Paul in his prime.

As far as the second Challenge goes… I'm fine with that, but speed up the damn process for god sake. There's so much money in this league they can't afford to have a small group of remote officials with all the angles able to quickly guide the officials on the floor to speed up the decisions?

Joe

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent point on the flopping change. The offensive player has all the advantages now.

I’ve often thought if the defensive player went down underneath the offensive player backing him down, that would stop a lot of that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard