2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuminga for Caruso makes more sense than Vucevic.

Yes that has been mentioned in the Bay area too. I'm not sure where the Vucevic stuff comes from, I like the guy but he's not a fit for the Warriors they need a defender not a scorer. With GP2 out, Caruso makes a lot of sense as a defensive stopper.

I think at this point they're thinking we have to make a deal or the season is over. Not sure how long CP3 is out but GP2 is gone for awhile, big loss.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr admits in a postgame interview that he had a terrible game coaching against the Kings and "I should have never taken Moses (Moody) out when I did." Said when he watched the tape and realized Moody was absolutely smoking hot when he pulled him he said what was I thinking.

Moody had scored 11 in the quarter in about 7 minutes but that includes having had 2 three pointers wiped out by fouls. A kickout 3 off a pass from Wiggins was overturned on replay because they fouled Wiggins before Moody's shot, and then a later 3 by Moody was wiped out on a moving screen . So he could have easily had 17 and 5 threes in the quarter.

Looks like Moody's PT will be going up with the injuries to Payton and CP3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is listed day-to-day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans look to be much improved with the return of CJ McCollum.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pelicans look to be much improved with the return of CJ McCollum.

Didn't realize he was out. The Pelicans won their group in the IST and that's more impressive without McCollum. Maybe they can upset the Kings to make it to the final 4.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some do the math for me:

Giddey is 21 now, he was 19 when this incident supposedly happened. He believed the girl he hooked up with at some club was also 19 at that time but she was actually 15. She is now 17 years old. So he allegedly slept with a 15 year old girl when he was 19. It's been 2 years since the incident.

FWIW the club they met at cards and only lets people in 18 or older. No word on how she got in. This whole thing is a mess. Since the girl involved and her family aren't pursuing legal action, I can't personally condemn Giddey. Not saying what he did was right but it doesn't appear as predatory as initially presented when the story broke. Age of consent is 16 in Oklahoma, with the girl being 17 and Giddey 21, currently, they could have a legal relationship in the eyes of the law. I don't believe they're seeing each other but I think that context adds a layer to things that makes things a bit murkier.

There's a little more info in this article...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Giddey is 21 now, he was 19 when this incident supposedly happened. He believed the girl he hooked up with at some club was also 19 at that time but she was actually 15. She is now 17 years old. So he allegedly slept with a 15 year old girl when he was 19. It's been 2 years since the incident.

FWIW the club they met at cards and only lets people in 18 or older. No word on how she got in. This whole thing is a mess. Since the girl involved and her family aren't pursuing legal action, I can't personally condemn Giddey. Not saying what he did was right but it doesn't appear as predatory as initially presented when the story broke. Age of consent is 16 in Oklahoma, with the girl being 17 and Giddey 21, currently, they could have a legal relationship in the eyes of the law. I don't believe they're seeing each other but I think that context adds a layer to things that makes things a bit murkier.

Hard to predict what comes of this. Probably depends on the family of the girl. It’s definitely not comparable to Karl Malone impregnating a 13 year old like some are suggesting but still wrong.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Well, it's terrible from a PR perspective for Giddey. But if she lied about her age to get into the 18 and over club where he met her (and therefore lied about her age to him), it's really difficult to find him at fault for that. It's not like he could be expected to have any obvious reason to question her age - she wasn't a pre-teen trying to pass for 18.

It seems to me that if anyone should be held to a level of legal responsibility here, it should be the nightclub for not vetting who gets admitted.

But as far as how the NBA will view it and how it impacts his pro career, I can't really venture a guess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man a 19 year old with a 15 year feels gross.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Man a 19 year old with a 15 year feels gross.
It is gross. But how could he be expected to know she was any other age than what she claimed to be, and apparently was (allegedly) verified to be? It would obviously be a different story if she admitted to him she was only 15 at some juncture and he disregarded that. But (so far) something like that hasn't been reported, at least as far as I know.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns really passed on Fox, Luka and Haliburton in the span of 4 years. All three are top-10 on the MVP ladder. It wasn’t crazy in real time but hindsight is not aging well. Btw who knew that Fox was averaging 30 ppg this year?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns really passed on Fox, Luka and Haliburton in the span of 4 years. All three are top-10 on the MVP ladder. It wasn’t crazy in real time but hindsight is not aging well. Btw who knew that Fox was averaging 30 ppg this year?
Man, that hurts to read.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And Ryan McDonough reportedly wanted to draft Shai.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd