2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Portland got more for Holiday then we got for Ayton - and we're talking about a 33 year old PG

We got more from CP38 than Ayton. That was a bit surprising but Ayton's value shrunk annually. Once he was locked into a max deal, he became a negative asset. Should have traded him when negotiations for his rookie extension stalled.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam Payne to Milwaukee. I like it. Solid move for the Bucks to get a backup for Dame.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got more from CP38 than Ayton. That was a bit surprising but Ayton's value shrunk annually. Once he was locked into a max deal, he became a negative asset. Should have traded him when negotiations for his rookie extension stalled.
It was a close call for me. I was leaning towards not trading him then but yeah, wish we could have a do-over and move him before he bottomed out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

We got Beal because Ishbia was willing to take on $200m for an expiring contract. There’s a legitimate chance than Nurkic & Allen are a wash when it comes to overall impact not counting improved chemistry.

Also Miami should’ve done what we did for KD and just ponied up cause they’re screwed in the east.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is a good training camp prospect.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne to Milwaukee. I like it. Solid move for the Bucks to get a backup for Dame.

Smart move by them. Their bench is still very weak.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
at least we only have to go through 1 of the Celtics or Bucks.

That will make for a great series if they meet in the postseason. I think Boston might be a little better based on depth. They have a better starting 5 while Milwaukee is in a spot similar to us where they are top heavy and have a few guys who could be their 5th starter behind Giannis, Lopez, Dame, and Middleton. They have Pat Connaghton, Crowder, Malik Beasley, and Bobby Portis who can all be plugged in based on matchups.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That will make for a great series if they meet in the postseason. I think Boston might be a little better based on depth. They have a better starting 5 while Milwaukee is in a spot similar to us where they are top heavy and have a few guys who could be their 5th starter behind Giannis, Lopez, Dame, and Middleton. They have Pat Connaghton, Crowder, Malik Beasley, and Bobby Portis who can all be plugged in based on matchups.
But Celtics are also in a similar spot as us, as in no guarantee that Horford, Porzingis, and/or Holiday make it to/through the post-season healthy either. And any injuries to Horford and/or Porzingis are going to leave them awfully thin in the frontcourt.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But Celtics are also in a similar spot as us, as in no guarantee that Horford, Porzingis, and/or Holiday make it to/through the post-season healthy either. And any injuries to Horford and/or Porzingis are going to leave them awfully thin in the frontcourt.

True but their stars are a bit younger and more durable than ours. Losing Robert Williams sucks for them though. They have a little more depth than us as they have 6 starters, basically, and can insert Derrick White and play small whenever they want or to cover for an injury.

The East is deep this year. Nice to see. The West looks easier than the East though and I can't remember when the last time that happened was.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet will miss some time with a broken big toe.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a train wreck.

I think Philly should start putting out feelers for Embid's trade value now. After the moves Boston and Millwaukee just made they have to know it's inevitable.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler FTMFW

You must be registered for see images attach

I was headed here to post this pic, slightly different angle. Butler did long dreads last year. He does it to troll ESPN and TNT since they all use the official player pics all year and the league gets those at media day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen