2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The situation of that carry though too, 4 point game, 30 seconds left... it was an insane thing to attempt and it basically ended the game.

I should add Klay Thompson to the list of guys doing crazy stuff as well. His intentional foul last night in a one possession game with over 30 seconds left was shocking, especially for a guy who used to be considered clutch and composed.
Kerr looked stunned.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers are signing Duop Reath to a standard 3 year contract. I wish the Suns had discovered him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delon Wright will sign with the Heat. I wanted him for Phoenix.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The situation of that carry though too, 4 point game, 30 seconds left... it was an insane thing to attempt and it basically ended the game.

I should add Klay Thompson to the list of guys doing crazy stuff as well. His intentional foul last night in a one possession game with over 30 seconds left was shocking, especially for a guy who used to be considered clutch and composed.

Yeah the reaction of Kerr was amazing, like what in the hell are you doing. Hands on his head you'd be stunned if a rookie did that but a guy with Klay's experience?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

seems KD agrees with me as to the suns biggest threat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

seems KD agrees with me as to the suns biggest threat.
You say this like you’re on an island with that opinion. The majority of the board agrees that if the Clippers stay healthy, they’re our toughest matchup. That’s pretty much been that way even dating back to the first CP3 team.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Phoenix Suns are healthy I'll give them at least 50/50 odds against any team in the western conference… Except the clippers. Would be great if somebody like the Timberwolves or even the Lakers would knock them out

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Phoenix Suns are healthy I'll give them at least 50/50 odds against any team in the western conference… Except the clippers. Would be great if somebody like the Timberwolves or even the Lakers would knock them out
Not a single team in the entire league would turn down 50/50 odds.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's a reasonable take and I agree. I think the (fully healthy) Clippers would be pretty universally favored over (a fully healthy) Suns. Possibly one other team, maybe (the Nuggets)... and that kind of depends how they both are trending at the end of the year.

But I think we would be favored over the TWolves, Thunder, and everyone else in the West in the playoffs... again, assuming we are at full strength.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's a reasonable take and I agree. I think the (fully healthy) Clippers would be pretty universally favored over (a fully healthy) Suns. Possibly one other team, maybe (the Nuggets)... and that kind of depends how they both are trending at the end of the year.

But I think we would be favored over the TWolves, Thunder, and everyone else in the West in the playoffs... again, assuming we are at full strength.
Nah, the Clippers have a few teams that are bad matchups for them. Pelicans, T-Wolves, Thunder and the Lakers.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, the Clippers have a few teams that are bad matchups for them. Pelicans, T-Wolves, Thunder and the Lakers.
Yup that's what I was trying to say. The clippers are arguably the best team in the NBA, there are several teams that could give them trouble.

Raindog

Reaction score
I'm just talking about the Suns versus the other contenders in the West.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Nets fired their coach this morning after giving him a multi year extension last season. Oof.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets fired their coach this morning after giving him a multi year extension last season. Oof.

Report that the Nets offensive scheme was built around Ben Simmons. I understand Mikal Bridges has been vocal about this.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Report that the Nets offensive scheme was built around Ben Simmons. I understand Mikal Bridges has been vocal about this.

Why anyone would would put all their eggs in the Ben Simmons basket is beyond me.

You have two good scorers in Mikal and Cam Thomas, make the offense about getting them the ball in their spots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why anyone would would put all their eggs in the Ben Simmons basket is beyond me.

You have two good scorers in Mikal and Cam Thomas, make the offense about getting them the ball in their spots.

Exactly. I'm going to have to read up on it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You say this like you’re on an island with that opinion. The majority of the board agrees that if the Clippers stay healthy, they’re our toughest matchup. That’s pretty much been that way even dating back to the first CP3 team.
Pfft! Booker has been whuppin the Clippers for years, healthy or not and now he has Bol Bol to help.

Raindog

Reaction score
All the teams I listed are in the NBA Western Conference.
And you were talking about those teams' chances against the Clippers. I was talking about the Suns' chances against the Western Conference contenders... two different subjects.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets reportedly plan to build their roster around Mikal Bridges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets reportedly plan to build their roster around Mikal Bridges.

This is insane also. He’s a great 3rd star. Okay 2nd star for a middling team. And an atrocious #1 to build around.