2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't want to click the link, the charges dropped were related to him attacking his ex and her vehicle. He's still guilty of beating her up initially and is on probation for that still but the probation violation charges stemming from the incident where he allegedly threw billiard balls at her car while his kids were inside were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Apparently his ex gave conflicting statements over the course of the investigation.

Yes, Miles Bridges was already on probation.

The criminal charges being dropped may affect the alleged violation of probation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the ex decided not to cooperate.

“I don’t know how the car got damaged”.

It’s a sad but pragmatic decision. If she testifies against him it will cost him, and her by extension of child support, millions.

Reportedly, some statements made were contradictory.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what is happening with PJ Tucker and Bones Hyland. They were both sent home during a road trip.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked to see one or both of Hyland and Tucker bought out.

Perhaps it could be similar to the Jae Crowder situation in Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what is happening with PJ Tucker and Bones Hyland. They were both sent home during a road trip.

No surprise really. Hyland has always been a bigger star in his mind than in reality and PJ has some history too. They both were probably hoping to be traded but Tucker has fallen off a cliff and Hyland, though exciting at times, doesn't play team ball. Plus, Bones has a bad knee that probably isn't going to get much better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked to see one or both of Hyland and Tucker bought out.

Perhaps it could be similar to the Jae Crowder situation in Phoenix.
I think someone might pick up Tucker but I'd be surprised to see him make any team's postseason roster given how he's played the past 3 years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Both at the same time? Sounds like a fight between the two or something like that behind closed doors.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both at the same time? Sounds like a fight between the two or something like that behind closed doors.

Until we hear more, my guess is both players wanted to be traded, or now, bought out.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until we here more, my guess is both players wanted to be traded, or now, bought out.
I would have thought that too but they added "will rejoin the team" which screamed disciplinary issues but who knows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No surprise really. Hyland has always been a bigger star in his mind than in reality and PJ has some history too. They both were probably hoping to be traded but Tucker has fallen off a cliff and Hyland, though exciting at times, doesn't play team ball. Plus, Bones has a bad knee that probably isn't going to get much better.

I like the potential of Hyland the player, but the Suns don't need any locker room distractions if he were waived.

It's hard to know what goes on behind the scene, though.

The same with Tucker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have thought that too but they added "will rejoin the team" which screamed disciplinary issues but who knows.

There could well be disciplinary issues, but it comes back to why.

My guess is both players are likely unhappy they are not getting playing time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There could well be disciplinary issues, but it comes back to why.

My guess is both players are likely unhappy they are not getting playing time.
Could have been a simple fight in practice or you could be right.

Were you the one high Hyland on him when he was drafted? I remember someone around here was.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have been a simple fight in practice or you could be right.

Were you the one high Hyland on him when he was drafted? I remember someone around here was.

I liked what I saw of Hyland when he played for Denver. When the Clippers traded two second round picks for him, I thought they got a steal.

It's not looking that way at the moment, but I haven't seen enough of him lately to change my opinion.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hyland looked pissed as soon as the harden deal was made, that essentially benched him! He was visibly upset and knew his playing time was gone… that said bad attitudes are team killers no thanks…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's with the ejection of Tyronn Lue.

He only wanted the referees to review the foul by Draymond Green on Mason Plumlee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, Draymond Green hasn't changed. I like it how the game plays on.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, Draymond Green hasn't changed. I like it how the game plays on.

I was just about to post this... he is such a clown. His own teammates are rolling their eyes at him and not bothering to stop the play.

The only reason Zubac's arm got him at all is because Draymond kung fu chopped it into his own face.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like the amount of clown shows happening in the NBA is at a very high rate this season.

Poole, Draymond, Kuz, the Detroit Pistons, Thianis. Almost every night, someone in the NBA does something outrageously stupid or bizarre.

Poole has lost his mind. His solid shooting game tonight brought his numbers for the month up to 26% from the field and 19% from 3. Couple those kinds of stats with an endless stream of embarrassing highlights, and I don't know if I've seen a player fall off as quick and severely as he has.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like the amount of clown shows happening in the NBA is at a very high rate this season.

Poole, Draymond, Kuz, the Detroit Pistons, Thianis. Almost every night, someone in the NBA does something outrageously stupid or bizarre.

Poole has lost his mind. His solid shooting game tonight brought his numbers for the month up to 26% from the field and 19% from 3. Couple those kinds of stats with an endless stream of embarrassing highlights, and I don't know if I've seen a player fall off as quick and severely as he has.
That carry was bad but not as bad as that video someone posted of that atrocious 4 step walk to the basket. LOL. That was BAD!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
At this point, I expect Poole to stuff the basketball under his jersey, pretend to be pregnant while strolling the full length of the court, and then suddenly take the ball out and dunking it, while reacting incredulously as the referees whistle him for a technical foul.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, I expect Poole to stuff the basketball under his jersey, pretend to be pregnant while strolling the full length of the court, and then suddenly take the ball out and dunking it, while reacting incredulously as the referees whistle him for a technical foul.
Hey that never gets old (unless you play for the Washington Generals).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ Tucker is fined $75,000 for a public trade demand on February 5th.

The penalty seems awfully stiff.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's with the ejection of Tyronn Lue.

He only wanted the referees to review the foul by Draymond Green on Mason Plumlee.

That was some b.s. too.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That carry was bad but not as bad as that video someone posted of that atrocious 4 step walk to the basket. LOL. That was BAD!

The situation of that carry though too, 4 point game, 30 seconds left... it was an insane thing to attempt and it basically ended the game.

I should add Klay Thompson to the list of guys doing crazy stuff as well. His intentional foul last night in a one possession game with over 30 seconds left was shocking, especially for a guy who used to be considered clutch and composed.