2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think he looks like a young KD.
But skinnier and like 4 inches taller. Unless he can add some serious muscle soon, he's going to always be an injury risk.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Every time the Spurs need a big man, oh look, we get the number one pick!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
But skinnier and like 4 inches taller. Unless he can add some serious muscle soon, he's going to always be an injury risk.
Go back and look at KD when he was drafted. He was being ripped by experts because he was way too weak and skinny to play in the NBA.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Wembanyama is for real - can't believe how small he can get when he wants to - never seen anything like it

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Go back and look at KD when he was drafted. He was being ripped by experts because he was way too weak and skinny to play in the NBA.
We'll see. I'm not saying he doesn't have skills, but guys that tall and skinny (and many not that skinny) have a very high propensity for debilitating injuries.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We'll see. I'm not saying he doesn't have skills, but guys that tall and skinny (and many not that skinny) have a very high propensity for debilitating injuries.
We all know it comes down to drive. KD had it. Ayton doesn't. This kid will only get by with skills so long in the NBA. He has to have that killer instinct like a Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks get to keep their first round pick #10, after being fined for sitting players.

If it were #11 or higher, it would have gone to the Knicks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tidbit about the #1 pick in the draft since the Suns got it in 2017-18 season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the guy has incredible potential but it's matched by the likelihood he never stays healthy enough to make a difference. I'd probably still gamble on him but I'd have on speed dial the best foot, knee, bone and back doctors in the world. Not to mention a first class Dietitian and a couple of those whackos that speak in tongues and heal by laying on hands.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs have been bad for a while now. No shenanigans. Now we need to hope Wemby is a bust, as unlikely as that could be. Health could be a factor but I don't wish ill health on anyone.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just learned Popovich said the other day regarding the draft.lottery...

"We deserve no more luck ever in the history of NBA basketball"

Which I think is proof the basketball gods don't like beggars.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The idea that the NBA is rigging the lotto for the friggin Spurs is comical.

No... they won it by right of suck.

Furthermore, the Spurs are a ruin of a franchise now. They had their magical run of all-stars who wanted to stay together... that run is dead. Their most recent batch of all-stars have been stepping on each other's heads to force their way out the door. No one wants to play in San Antonio.

Furtherfuthermore, the track record of guys 7'2" or taller is a horror show, also, Victor is a putrid shooter... and that is in Europe! I'm genuneinely not afraid of Victor... if I ran an NBA team and landed the #1 pick, I would be shopping his ass to the highest bidder.