2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s just gross

Yeah a guy named Jack Pilgrim who runs a UK fan site called Kentucky Sports Radio is saying they're hoping the fact that Dickinson picked Kansas means Bradshaw is staying at UK but they don't honestly know, they're still concerned LeBron is going to poach him to USC.

Bronny already has a huge NIL deal because of who his dad is and it's been widely assume it's through Klutch.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That’s just gross
Yeah, but I don't think he is going to sniff the NBA, so this may be his only chance to make any real money. He might get something overseas, but no sure thing there either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah a guy named Jack Pilgrim who runs a UK fan site called Kentucky Sports Radio is saying they're hoping the fact that Dickinson picked Kansas means Bradshaw is staying at UK but they don't honestly know, they're still concerned LeBron is going to poach him to USC.

Bronny already has a huge NIL deal because of who his dad is and it's been widely assume it's through Klutch.
Good luck with that Enfield. I remember hearing stories of Doc calling Coach K after every game about his use of Austin. Once Lebron thinks Bronny isn’t be utilized correctly or isn’t being showcased Enfield will hear about it. From Lebron’s perspective he’s probably the perfect coach to control. Imagine Cronin dealing with that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think he is going to sniff the NBA, so this may be his only chance to make any real money. He might get something overseas, but no sure thing there either.

Bronny will make it to the NBA if for no more than a cup of coffee. He will play with his dad, possibly against his dad. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. His talent level doesn't matter all that much. The league will promote the hell out of it too. He can't be any worse than Zarpo Dragic was and LeBron has so much more pull than Goran did that it's a certainty we'll see his son suit up at some point. After LeBron retires the kid can wash out, it won't matter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll see how true the rumors are, Bronny just verballed to USC per Joe Tipton.

There's 2-3 kids linked to him including Bradshaw so it will be interesting to see what happens. It's possible those kids will decommit from other schools to follow him and it is also possible USC will lose some existing kids, they already have, because of Bronny's commitment.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LeBron has repeatedly said he wants to play a season or 2 with his kid, it is a guarantee someone drafts Bronny. He could suck out loud and the Knicks would be a near lock to pick him up anyway.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Bronny will make it to the NBA if for no more than a cup of coffee. He will play with his dad, possibly against his dad. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. His talent level doesn't matter all that much. The league will promote the hell out of it too. He can't be any worse than Zarpo Dragic was and LeBron has so much more pull than Goran did that it's a certainty we'll see his son suit up at some point. After LeBron retires the kid can wash out, it won't matter.
I meant Dickinson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention on this, the top rated PG in the country is Isiah Collier, who is also going to USC. Collier was heavily recruited by UCLA, Michigan and a bunch of other schools and then suddenly out of nowhere, USC was the favorite. We were being told on UCLA sites that it was connected to NIL money and it was connected to LeBron James. So this was set up months ago, more than 6 months ago.

So it's not even that Bronny is going to play PG at USC, he's at best their 3rd PG they have Boogie Ellis back too. Most of their guards and wings left in the transfer portal it was pretty widely reported it was because they knew what was going on and didn't want to be around.

They showed Bronny at the game last night and it would be a pretty cool deal, LeBron points out he's the first kid in the family to go to college, Lakers win big etc. But all anybody is talking about is LeBron orchestrated the whole thing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Poole just get a giant contract?
Jordan Poole signed a 4 year / $128,000,000 contract with a $123,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $32,000,000 starting 23-24 season.

That's a ton of contract to try and move if you fall out of favor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm bummed Golden State gave up on Wiseman. If we could have turned Ayton into Poole and Wiseman, I'd take that risk.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bankruptcy judge blocks Suns contract to move from Ballys to local over the air station.
It won't stop them from pursing a new deal just delay it. The judge agreed that the new deal didn't give Diamond Sports' a chance to negotiate a contract extension. However, that doesn't mean the Suns have to except it. If anything, this just opens the Suns up to have to pay Diamond Sports a chunk of change to go away.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watching draft lottery. I don't know why. Detroit dropped down to 5. Now the top four! Oh, time for commercial....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
LMFAO! Spurs get the number one pick! That seems totally not rigged? Right?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Any way we can buy the Hornets pick? That kid will be a generational PG. Maybe trade Ayton for the number two pick? CP3? Both? LMAO!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson