2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The fact that Lebron is still a top-20 in season #20 is incomprehensible. He’s played nearly 65,000 minutes regular season/playoffs combined. By the end of next season he’s likely going to be #1 all time in points and top-5 all time in assists.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors gave GP2 his ring last night before teh game. Pretty cool Draymond came out and gave it to him, said how much we all love this guy. I will say in the end the situation worked. GP2 has been out all year with a core muscle injury, and DiVincenzo has replaced him, not as good defensively but still good, a better rebounder and a better offensive player he can run the offense which GP2 couldn't do. Still wish we'd been able to keep him but given he's been hurt it's worked out.

Another great comeback win, they keep finding a way. Anfernee Simons is amazing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Ringer threw out the idea of

PHX gets:
KAT

Minny gets:
Bridges
Shamet
4 1st
3 swaps
So we would have the ineffective twin towers? Would consider it without all the firsts. Maybe give one with the swaps or two with no swaps.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we would have the ineffective twin towers? Would consider it without all the firsts. Maybe give one with the swaps or two with no swaps.

Ayton and Gobert are very different players. It’s not working in Minny because Gobert clogs the lane he’s a complete zero on offense and can’t leave the paint so Ant-Man and DLO can’t slash.

Ayton doesnt clog the paint we move him all around. He’s a legit pick and roll option.

Imagine Ayton setting the pick for Booker/Payne at the top of the key like he always does but now you have Cam Johnson and KAT camping out in the corner with Ayton rolling or open for a 15 foot jumper.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
We have the experience going for us if we get healthy, but there’s still the lingering feeling it’s not going to be enough.

Put it this way: what teams in the west would you put money on to win the title before the suns?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have the experience going for us if we get healthy, but there’s still the lingering feeling it’s not going to be enough.

Put it this way: what teams in the west would you put money on to win the title before the suns?
Get everybody healthy and have CP3 return to his form of last year? I'd say we were in the top 8 league wide. Trade Crowder and a pick or two for KK, I'd say we were top 4 with almost as good of a chance as Boston, Memphis and Milwaukee. And if a miracle occurred and CP3 returned to his form of 2 years ago, I'd say we were the solid favorite to win it all.

More likely though, CP3 gets fully healthy but continues his rapid decline and is exploited by every guard in the league. We trade Crowder, Saric and an unprotected first to Houston for Eric Gordon who spends most of his Suns career on the injured list. Booker comes back and scores 54 in his first game but reinjures his groin and is out for the season. Ayton pulls a Crowder on us refusing to suit up until he's moved elsewhere only to learn he's missed the trade deadline by 12 hours. CamJ returns but per usual, struggles to return to form for a couple months. CamP gets fully healthy and is tearing up practices but Monty forgets he's on the roster and never plays him. And Lee, Okogie and Washington are our best players and lead us to several almost wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton and Gobert are very different players. It’s not working in Minny because Gobert clogs the lane he’s a complete zero on offense and can’t leave the paint so Ant-Man and DLO can’t slash.

Ayton doesnt clog the paint we move him all around. He’s a legit pick and roll option.

Imagine Ayton setting the pick for Booker/Payne at the top of the key like he always does but now you have Cam Johnson and KAT camping out in the corner with Ayton rolling or open for a 15 foot jumper.
Are you trying to sell me on this by replacing a currently 40% 3pt shooter (bridges) with a currently 32% 3pt shooter (KAT) in the corner? There are other places I’d go with argument like KAT’s rebounding, ability to get his own shot when Ayton isn’t on the floor (Ayton has a nice jumper but his range isn’t legitimately enough to actually space the floor for KAT post ups or drives), and his playmaking ability. I think more than anything my concern would be KAT being atrocious defensively and the fact that he’s no more clutch than bridges. So while I would seriously consider it, I just don’t think I’d mortgage the entire future on the move with bridges and four picks and 3 swaps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Get everybody healthy and have CP3 return to his form of last year? I'd say we were in the top 8 league wide. Trade Crowder and a pick or two for KK, I'd say we were top 4 with almost as good of a chance as Boston, Memphis and Milwaukee. And if a miracle occurred and CP3 returned to his form of 2 years ago, I'd say we were the solid favorite to win it all.

More likely though, CP3 gets fully healthy but continues his rapid decline and is exploited by every guard in the league. We trade Crowder, Saric and an unprotected first to Houston for Eric Gordon who spends most of his Suns career on the injured list. Booker comes back and scores 54 in his first game but reinjures his groin and is out for the season. Ayton pulls a Crowder on us refusing to suit up until he's moved elsewhere only to learn he's missed the trade deadline by 12 hours. CamJ returns but per usual, struggles to return to form for a couple months. CamP gets fully healthy and is tearing up practices but Monty forgets he's on the roster and never plays him. And Lee, Okogie and Washington are our best players and lead us to several almost wins.
Happy new year to you too!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sounds about right

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you trying to sell me on this by replacing a currently 40% 3pt shooter (bridges) with a currently 32% 3pt shooter (KAT) in the corner? There are other places I’d go with argument like KAT’s rebounding, ability to get his own shot when Ayton isn’t on the floor (Ayton has a nice jumper but his range isn’t legitimately enough to actually space the floor for KAT post ups or drives), and his playmaking ability. I think more than anything my concern would be KAT being atrocious defensively and the fact that he’s no more clutch than bridges. So while I would seriously consider it, I just don’t think I’d mortgage the entire future on the move with bridges and four picks and 3 swaps.

Yes

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I personally like Pascal Siakem. We need rebounding, getting more free throws, more athleticism, better shot blocking/defense, and a guy who can get his own shot. Pascal ticks off all the boxes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I personally like Pascal Siakem. We need rebounding, getting more free throws, more athleticism, better shot blocking/defense, and a guy who can get his own shot. Pascal ticks off all the boxes.
Wouldn’t trade Crowder straight up for him unless we get VanVleet too. There are better deals out there we just need to be patient and trust our core.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t trade Crowder straight up for him unless we get VanVleet too. There are better deals out there we just need to be patient and trust our core.
I think I'd hold out for a first round pick too. And I agree, we just need to be patient and trust someone can find our core.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

PHX gets:
KAT

Minny gets:
Bridges
Shamet
4 1st
3 swaps

Good lord no. Towns is well outside the realm of a "mega trade" player.

I don't think he's even worth his contract, especially playing the 4. As a 4 he is a poor man's Kevin Love... a worse shooting, far worse defending and worse rebounding Kevin Love. With the added bonus of being a complete disaster anytime the pressure is on.

Then imagine moments later, as Towns, a lousy 3 point shooter, bricks his 3 and the opposition attacks in transition getting their first of many layups or open threes because KAT is perpetually the last guy back on defense... not that it matters because he can't keep up with his assigned man when playing the 4 anyway.

Dude is a loser.

I'd rather get Kuzma... and I ain't a Kuzma fan.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? Are we assuming the Suns are the only team who gets healthy? If everyone’s healthy? I’d put money on the Grizzlies, Warriors, Pelicans and possibly even Denver to win the West above the Suns.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Really? Are we assuming the Suns are the only team who gets healthy? If everyone’s healthy? I’d put money on the Grizzlies, Warriors, Pelicans and possibly even Denver to win the West above the Suns.
What I’m saying is if the suns get healthy they at least have a decent chance but I still put some teams over that and I pretty much agree with your list

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

PHX gets:
KAT

Minny gets:
Bridges
Shamet
4 1st
3 swaps

IF we can have a bench unit of cp3 and Kat for the second unit. Platoon style.

That would mess up a lot of teams game plan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I’m saying is if the suns get healthy they at least have a decent chance but I still put some teams over that and I pretty much agree with your list
Gotcha.

Yeah, if totally healthy and hitting on all cylinders, we’ve got a puncher’s chance. But man, some seasons just feel like they’re lost while watching them. Sadly this feels like that kind of year to me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Yeah, if totally healthy and hitting on all cylinders, we’ve got a puncher’s chance. But man, some seasons just feel like they’re lost while watching them. Sadly this feels like that kind of year to me.

I know exactly what you mean, but hopefully the Suns hit the playoffs peaking unlike last season.

The injury situation and the right trade have to fall in line, though.