2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, but hopefully the Suns hit the playoffs peaking unlike last season.

The injury situation and the right trade have to fall in line, though.
I am betting with the new ownership, this team will be significantly different by the end of the year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id trade cam, crowder, saric and 2-1sts for him all day long
Even though it would never work if that was the asking price I would still do that, because that would be a bargain.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IF we can have a bench unit of cp3 and Kat for the second unit. Platoon style.

That would mess up a lot of teams game plan.

I like the idea but would they even want to come off the bench? And do you pay that kind of money just to have them come off the bench?

I guess its sort of like what the Lakers are doing with Westbrook.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the idea but would they even want to come off the bench? And do you pay that kind of money just to have them come off the bench?

I guess its sort of like what the Lakers are doing with Westbrook.

I know it’s not realistic considering who the players are that I would like to see come off the bench, in this totally hypothetical proposal.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I remember I said we should go after him play him and Book together. How’s Chris Paul working out

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait what?? @Russ Smith
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pretty remarkable game. Steph, Wiggins, Moody, Wiseman, Jamychal Green and Kuminga were all out hurt. Only 2 players over 6'7" and that's if you believe Draymond is over 6'7". Warriors had a 17 point lead, a 21 point lead, but then the Hawks at one point into the 4th quarter were shooting 71% in the 2nd half including I think 7 of 9 from 3.. Hawks take a 3 point lead, Klay misses a long 2, Poole rebounds, Murray blocks his shot Poole tips it to DiVincenzo who rips a 3 to tie it. The Hawks had a foul didn't use it. Warriors win in double OT on a 2nd putback by Looney off a long miss

He's still not vintage Klay but he's been pretty amazing of late. last 4 games 24, 29, 31 and 54. Poole has been putting up big numbers but tons of turnovers trying to take over for Steph, 6 last night, 5 in the last 10 games per game. But Klay has been shooting the hell out of the open 3.s and the contested 3's. I think he had 20 in the first quarter last night.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As though the Suns weren't embarrassing themselves enough with their performance, the post-Bryant scoring king is no longer Devin Booker. Of course that's not their fault; it's just that it was insult to injury.
There was never a such thing as a post Kobe scoring king.
There can be only 1 and until someone beats Wilts mark it's Wilt and only Wilt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Baldwin Jr is starting to show some of why the Warriors like him so much. He can really shoot it. His nickname is PBJ, it came out this week that it was like a week ago that he actually ate his first PBJ sandwich, at the age of 20. Nobody seems to know why he never had one before.

Last night in addition to 2 threes he made a fake and drive and finger roll that brought the whole bench up. After the game Klay was being interviewed and just volunteered how great it was to see "PBJ get 8 points in a couple of minutes. He even showed why he's got jelly in his name with that finger roll."

Preseason the claim was long term the Warriors think he's a better prospect than any of Wiseman, Kuminga or Moody. I'm not sure he's athletic enough to wind up better than Kuminga but he sure can shoot and he's so long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Want to see the definition of the crazy that is the NBA? Look at the Boston/OKC game last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Shai didn't even play for OKC.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA players are just amazing. Warriors down 3, 4.2 seconds left they run a back screen throw the ball cross court to Lamb who hits Klay curling off a screen, 3 is good. 1 second left Detroit struggles to get it in, throws it to Sadiq Bey moving away from the basket, catch, turn swish and he actually got it off with .4 on the clock they reviewed it to be sure. It was the 3rd time in the game Detroit inbounded with 2 seconds or less on the clock and hit a 3, sometimes just not your night.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There was never a such thing as a post Kobe scoring king.
There can be only 1 and until someone beats Wilts mark it's Wilt and only Wilt.
Thing is there was still time left in Wilt's game, but fans stormed the court when he hit 100, and the refs couldn't get them off the court to resume the game. It could have been more than 100 easily!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A year ago he could have easily been a Sun. Now he's way too expensive. Alot of guys on this forum were begging to get him.
They were right.
It's easy to look back in hindsight. Now he's on Utah and they NEED him to have big numbers. When he started his career he was not anywhere near the player he is now. That's the thing in the NBA, you don't know which guys are going to take it to that next level. Markkanen has ramped up his aggression tenfold. This is what Ayton COULD become if he ever got aggressive like Markkanen. That, and he needs better handles like Markkanen!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching his story on nbaTV now, Slava Medvedenko and his part in the war in Ukraine. Pretty crazy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard