2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is overblown. Kobe spent the last 5 years of his career failing to lure anyone there, they had to pay out their ears to get Anthony Davis on board. The only reason that they even have a chance at Irving is because no one else wants anything to do with him.

They got their fluke bubble title, other than that achievement they've been among the most bumbling franchises in the league for over 10 years.

I guess the Lakers will always be the bogeyman for me although it's not that I fear them.

It dates back to Magic and Kareem.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I think it is overblown. Kobe spent the last 5 years of his career failing to lure anyone there, they had to pay out their ears to get Anthony Davis on board. The only reason that they even have a chance at Irving is because no one else wants anything to do with him.

They got their fluke bubble title, other than that achievement they've been among the most bumbling franchises in the league for over 10 years.
It is overblown. Have you ever heard of the “Laker Tax”? The Lakers pay a higher price for players than every other team in the league. Stern/Paul nixed trade? Whiny cavs owner ? Whiny Cuban? Whiny popovich? The whiny pacers and tampering when all teams do it? Give me a break, Lol. Such is the case when you have 17 championships. Haters gonna hate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Suns player Leandro Barbosa will become an assistant coach for the Kings. Congratulations!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Suns player Leandro Barbosa will become an assistant coach for the Kings. Congratulations!

Barbosa will always be one of my favorite former Suns, hope this works out great for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always felt like the Suns helped raise Barbosa.

Someday it would be nice to see him affiliated with the Suns in some capacity.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barbosa is awesome. Considering he couldn't speak English when he came into the league and is now an NBA coach is impressive and inspiring.

The story of him sleeping on the floor of the locker room after being drafted is one that sticks with me. Dude deserves whatever good fortune comes his way.

I don't think I've ever rooted for a player as much as Barbosa from a personal standpoint ever.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings are still improving their team by trading for Kevin Huerter.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings are still improving their team by trading for Kevin Huerter.

He is a good shooter but a terrible defender. They are going to really struggle to get stops.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Future Sun

This story is just so odd. Why would she be refusing to talk to him after all he’s done for that team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland had a talented team last season but then blew it up for pennies on the dollar. They still have talent but I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 1657316660470.png
    1657316660470.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 3

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the time Booker's extension kicks in he probably won't be in the top 10 in annual salary.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New York Knicks have announced that they have waived veteran forward Taj Gibson. Not sure how "Breaking" it is though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member