2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s got 4 years left so they can take their time. I still remember when Kobe demanded a trade to the Clippers haha.

The offers will get worse, not better. The Nets also don't have any of their own picks for the next half decade, so tanking isn't really an option.

I guarantee the Sixers regret not trading Ben Simmons a year ago.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex says Monday

He’s always right so you can take it to the bank :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex says Monday

He’s always right so you can take it to the bank :)

I hate the Pacers out there, sitting on max money. If they can convince Ayton to sign an offer sheet they will really have us over the rails.

Really hope I hear a story soon that involves them pissing it away on some role players... or getting drunk and trying to sign Harden.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate the Pacers out there, sitting on max money. If they can convince Ayton to sign an offer sheet they will really have us over the rails.

Really hope I hear a story soon that involves them pissing it away on some role players... or getting drunk and trying to sign Harden.

You can bet your ass there trying to get DA to go along.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s got 4 years left so they can take their time. I still remember when Kobe demanded a trade to the Clippers haha.
Different league back then. Today's NBA is much more a player's league. I still don't know how much leverage Durant has but I'm sure it's more than Kobe had back then.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Different league back then. Today's NBA is much more a player's league. I still don't know how much leverage Durant has but I'm sure it's more than Kobe had back then.

Yeah the NBA will really have to address this when the CBA is up. You can’t have stars with 4 years left just demanding out.

It really screws a franchise.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's DA's two choices, I would prefer Utah with Mitchell, over Indiana with - nothing.
I'd take Indiana over Utah, besides liking the area better Indiana doesn't have Danny Ainge.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jalen Smith resigns with the Pacers. Not exactly surprising.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only problem with Gobert is his salary, him and Simmons. They’re one dimensional.
I have to disagree regarding Simmons. The only thing he really can't do is shoot. He does everything else and does it all very very well. He's probably the most versatile defender outside green.

The complete lack of shooting is definitely a problem, especially from the free throw line, but he's a really good player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree regarding Simmons. The only thing he really can't do is shoot. He does everything else and does it all very very well. He's probably the most versatile defender outside green.

The complete lack of shooting is definitely a problem, especially from the free throw line, but he's a really good player.
I agree but one of the things that makes him so great is that with the ball in his hands he's a huge threat to make something happen. Unfortunately though, when playoff defenses force him to become a scorer rather than a facilitator, he becomes a real liability.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miles Bridges is trash

Johnson wrote she suffered a fractured nose, a fractured wrist, a torn eardrum, torn muscles in her neck, a "severe concussion" and was choked until she "went to sleep." The post also included photos of Johnson's face, hands, neck, back, arms, legs as well as a medical report that said Johnson was an “adult victim of physical abuse by a male partner." Johnson also posted a video where Johnson's son asks "did Daddy choke Mommy?" on a video call with an unnamed woman.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Miles Bridges is trash

Johnson wrote she suffered a fractured nose, a fractured wrist, a torn eardrum, torn muscles in her neck, a "severe concussion" and was choked until she "went to sleep." The post also included photos of Johnson's face, hands, neck, back, arms, legs as well as a medical report that said Johnson was an “adult victim of physical abuse by a male partner." Johnson also posted a video where Johnson's son asks "did Daddy choke Mommy?" on a video call with an unnamed woman.
Yep that thud is his career hitting the ground.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miles Bridges is trash

I know he's a RFA but the league should ban him, at least for a year but preferably much longer than that. I can't imagine a team justifying that signing right now, especially for big bucks.

Charlotte should pull their qualifying offer as well, regardless of a league decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson