2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan McD being an idiot on nbaTV suggesting the Nets play hard ball with Durant.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, he's the best PF in the league who currently plays for Utah but that's about it. He's not even a top 5 PF in the West.
PF is an awfully weak position. I probably did exagerate - but I really love his game.

So let me check

Zion, I guess Towns now - but not really, Draymond?, Jaren Jackson, AD I suppose

That's the only ones I could make an argument for

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan McD being an idiot on nbaTV suggesting the Nets play hard ball with Durant.
HA HA, LOL!!!

He knows James Jones is about to make him look even more incompetent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PF is an awfully weak position. I probably did exagerate - but I really love his game.

Try naming 4 better in the West.

Zion, I guess Towns now - but not really, Draymond?, Jaren Jackson

That's the only ones I could make an argument for
At first I missed the "west" limiter but I still don't think he's top 5 in the weaker West (weaker as far as PFs are concerned).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now McD saying first thing you I do is look at Bridges as a piece you move to get KD, or a talented young player like Cam Johnson. Doh

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, the Jazz are blowing it up. Mitchell's camp flat out said that he isn't intending on playing his entire career in Utah, Ainge is going to ship him out too, while the value is still there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be a steal for Minnesota.

It's hilariously awful. So your plan is to turn your max center into a stretch 4 while clogging the lane for your young star.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't think it will work.

Kat can play on the perimiter offensively, but not really defensively. And we know how bad Gobert is on perimiter D.

Just keep swinging the ball around and you will get good shots.

Gobert cannot score inside, and KAT doesn't want to, so I don't see them punishing people in the paint either.

Smart

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean seriously, if I am running an NBA franchise I would consider Gobert a negative value.

Dude is USELESS in the playoffs, and is way overpaid. How in the hell did that turn into 5 first rounders?

Cause the Minnesota GM is a moron

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hilariously awful. So your plan is to turn your max center into a stretch 4 while clogging the lane for your young star.

Gobert got frustrated with his teammate's lack of defensive focus in Utah, I'm sure he and Towns are going to get along just peachy.

I nominate the Timberwolves coach for most likely to be fired mid season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tim Connelly appears to be enthralled with Rudy Gobert.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gobert got frustrated with his teammate's lack of defensive focus in Utah, I'm sure he and Towns are going to get along just peachy.

I nominate the Timberwolves coach for most likely to be fired mid season.
Yeah, it's just baffling to me.

Now if they had gotten Ayton to go with Towns and Edwards - that would be scary. Gobert is just such a flawed player, I would not want him on my team.

To me him and Ben Simmons are guys whose games just don't work in the playoffs because of their flaws and I would never want either on my team regardless of the price.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just baffling to me.

Now if they had gotten Ayton to go with Towns and Edwards - that would be scary. Gobert is just such a flawed player, I would not want him on my team.

To me him and Ben Simmons are guys whose games just don't work in the playoffs because of their flaws and I would never want either on my team regardless of the price.
I think he's a great player if he's paid like a role player, the problem is he's getting max dollars to be a star on just one end of the court.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he's a great player if he's paid like a role player, the problem is he's getting max dollars to be a star on just one end of the court.
Well I don't. I think he is the most overrated player in the league.

I don't care if he is Jordan in the regular season, he has been played off the floor the last 2 seasons in the playoffs because of his inability to defend the perimeter.

I don't think that is fixable. And to me if you are useless in the playoffs, you are just useless, because I don't want my team just playing to get in the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't. I think he is the most overrated player in the league.

I don't care if he is Jordan in the regular season, he has been played off the floor the last 2 seasons in the playoffs because of his inability to defend the perimeter.

I don't think that is fixable. And to me if you are useless in the playoffs, you are just useless, because I don't want my team just playing to get in the playoffs.
He played 33 minutes per game in this last postseason, averaged 13 rebounds and 12 points per despite the fact Donovan Mitchell failed to feed him easy opportunities all too often. He was probably the best all around defender in that series and while his numbers were down from the regular season, that was true for the Jazz in general.

Holding Gobert accountable for that loss when Mitchell took 8 three pointers per game and shot only 21% from there seems strange to me. As we saw, the Mavericks were better than expected and Donovan never played healthy - that's why they lost, not because Gobert was chased off the court.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only problem with Gobert is his salary, him and Simmons. They’re one dimensional.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He played 33 minutes per game in this last postseason, averaged 13 rebounds and 12 points per despite the fact Donovan Mitchell failed to feed him easy opportunities all too often. He was probably the best all around defender in that series and while his numbers were down from the regular season, that was true for the Jazz in general.

Holding Gobert accountable for that loss when Mitchell took 8 three pointers per game and shot only 21% from there seems strange to me. As we saw, the Mavericks were better than expected and Donovan never played healthy - that's why they lost, not because Gobert was chased off the court.

Yeah Gobert wasn’t the problem at all

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they’re smart they are.

Yeah no. He was already disgruntled this past year. You don’t carry that on and make him stay with you, someone that carries that much weight

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah no. He was already disgruntled this past year. You don’t carry that on and make him stay with you, someone that carries that much weight
He’s got 4 years left so they can take their time. I still remember when Kobe demanded a trade to the Clippers haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose