2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rock bottom on Grant. Let Portland have him. Inefficient scorer, bad defender, can't pass, doesn't rebound, ran away from a good team so he could have more shot attempts on a dumpster fire, good team didn't miss a beat without him, bad team got worse with him.

Terrible contract, loser player who brings next to nothing to the table.

Par for the course with what Portland has surrounded poor Lillard with over the years.
Yeah I do not get the Grant love. Overpaid and inefficient. You want him as your 7th or 8th man, not as one of your main players (a lesson Detroit learned this season).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do not get the Grant love. Overpaid and inefficient. You want him as your 7th or 8th man, not as one of your main players (a lesson Detroit learned this season).

Jerami Grant reminds me of a taller version of Torrey Craig.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerami Grant reminds me of a taller version of Torrey Craig.
He's certainly better than Torrey Craig but my problem is he believes he's "the man". And I just don't think he has that in him. Like I said, if he was your 2nd or 3rd player off the bench, you're going to love him. If he's your number 1 or number 2 weapon, he's more of a liability than an asset IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's certainly better than Torrey Craig but my problem is he believes he's "the man". And I just don't think he has that in him. Like I said, if he was your 2nd or 3rd player off the bench, you're going to love him. If he's your number 1 or number 2 weapon, he's more of a liability than an asset IMO.

I'm was talking about the way Craig plays. Grant is a nice rotation player and fits the profile of a modern wing but he is not going to carry a team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let it happen but please no Kyrie to the Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Kemba traded to the Pistons, who are expected to buy him out. That guy gets bounced around more than a pinball.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there would go any shot, although remote, of the Suns getting him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not as high on Woj after the draft. He reported the top 3 picks early that day and swore that Orlando was taking Smith #1 and then the draft shook out quite differently. I wonder what happened to his sources because he was very wrong there and I haven't seen an explanation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not as high on Woj after the draft. He reported the top 3 picks early that day and swore that Orlando was taking Smith #1 and then the draft shook out quite differently. I wonder what happened to his sources because he was very wrong there and I haven't seen an explanation.
I believe it was gambling related. Not him, but somewhere in his source pipeline. A lot of money was lost and won because of the supposed Jabari Smith lock.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Orlando was set on Banchero but were lying about taking Smith to get Houston to trade up for him. Their front office was tight evidently.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Orlando was set on Banchero but were lying about taking Smith to get Houston to trade up for him. Their front office was tight evidently.
That's the kind of thing that could really backfire down the road if it involved a decision maker. It's a small community, if they lie they lose all trust - with reporters, with agents, with players and with front office people around the league. Misdirect, yes, out and out lie? I don't think so.

I think it's going to be one of two things, something came to light late about Smith that concerned Orlando or someone(s) with inside information manipulated the information trail for money.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting move by San Antonio to fully guarantee a contract prior to free agency. Perhaps he will be used in a trade with Atlanta or us. I liked Zach Collins in his draft year, but injuries have robbed him of the last two years. His value would only come from salary matching and possible rotation big.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting move by San Antonio to fully guarantee a contract prior to free agency. Perhaps he will be used in a trade with Atlanta or us. I liked Zach Collins in his draft year, but injuries have robbed him of the last two years. His value would only come from salary matching and possible rotation big.

It's hard to believe Collins is still only 24. He has plenty of upside if healthy.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland basically has zero assets, much less than we do.

Yeah, given that the Suns, Heat and Celtics are already rumored, I don't see a 27 win Portland team with Lillard and little else (especially after whatever they would give to Brookyln in the deal) as an appealing option.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Bradley Beal is resigning with the Wizards. So I guess that puts any rumor of him going to the Lakers to bed. Not that that it was ever a serious possibility.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Irving doesn't end up with the Lakers. If he is bought out, there is that possibility.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Irving doesn't end up with the Lakers. If he is bought out, there is that possibility.

You'd have to be stupid to decline a $37 million option for next season to take a $6 million deal with the hapless Lakers but we're talking about Kyrie so I wouldn't rule it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose