2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN does a story on the situation with the Spurs, Josh Primo and the psychologist.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors lose to the the Magic.

They are a mess right now.

Crazy game they were up 16 at up 6 I think Wiseman got a T that flipped the game.

They got down 9 got all the way back to the lead and then Suggs took over with steals and shots.

Hard to win when you can't defend without fouling, 46 FT's for Orlando it could have been worse if they had made their FT's.

Curry had 39 but some huge turnovers late.

After the Wiseman T Kerr got so mad a few plays later he got a T and was yelling at Scott Foster go ahead throw me out come on Scott go ahead. He's pretty frustrated with his team I think.

Kuminga has got to be in the doghouse didn't play again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy game they were up 16 at up 6 I think Wiseman got a T that flipped the game.

They got down 9 got all the way back to the lead and then Suggs took over with steals and shots.

Hard to win when you can't defend without fouling, 46 FT's for Orlando it could have been worse if they had made their FT's.

Curry had 39 but some huge turnovers late.

After the Wiseman T Kerr got so mad a few plays later he got a T and was yelling at Scott Foster go ahead throw me out come on Scott go ahead. He's pretty frustrated with his team I think.

Kuminga has got to be in the doghouse didn't play again.

I wonder what Wiseman's trade value is, because that guy just doesn't seem like a fit in the Warriors system at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta loveya Russ I bet your upset tonight

no they didn't deserve to win. Curry had 2 huge late turnovers where Suggs got steals, Curry had 5 TO's at least 3 were steals by Suggs. Normally if you lose a game where they shoot 46 FT's and you shoot 15 you're going to be complaining about the refs but even the announcers saying stop fouling they are going to call it.

I think Kerr was more mad at the team when he got into it with Foster he was arguing what was clearly a good call.

So many young guys and the rotations suck right now, Ty Jerome was again in there at crunch time.

I have no idea what Kuminga's trade value is but I kind of expect him to get moved he's totally in the doghouse and seems to be sulking. Love the kids talent but he's clearly not doing something when he can't get on the court in a team struggling this much

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Read up more on this movie Kyrie was promoting...

Wow... it is a lot worse than I imagined.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Wiseman's trade value is, because that guy just doesn't seem like a fit in the Warriors system at all.

I would assume it'll be Kuminga but I could see wiseman too. I don't know if you watched teh whole game but there was a play up 7 he got a putback and 1 and the ref 40 feet away waived it off and called a foul on Wiseman, bad call but it happens. For the next few minutes Wiseman was just terrible he couldn't just forget about that call. he eventually gave up and and 1 and threw the ball and got the T and Kerr had to pull him. Just too young you can't let one bad call ruin the whole game, Looney and Draymond were both in foul trouble so the last thing they needed was Wiseman losing his cool but he did

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This guy might help get us a chip....or we just wait for KD

Kyrie isn't helping anyone win anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another game and I fully expect that this is his final season in the league.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another game and I fully expect that this is his final season in the league.
Negative ghost rider. If he slightly still sucked at basketball..maybe. But he doesn't....so he'll be a hot commodity by someone willing to take the chance.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. If he slightly still sucked at basketball..maybe. But he doesn't....so he'll be a hot commodity by someone willing to take the chance.

Mmmmm nope. I flat out guarantee you that no one will trade for Kyrie Irving, I also guarantee you that no one will offer him a contract beyond one year at the minimum... and that Kyrie won't be willing to "play" for anything under the max.

If this was his first bout with crazy, then some who's PR is already in the tank might give him a 2nd chance, but he's been a whack job for years. This is the final straw.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He’ll be a Laker before he finally retires.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’ll be a Laker before he finally retires.

I doubt it.

You think he's going to swallow his pride and play on a one year deal? I don't, and there isn't a freaking chance anyone is going to give him a multiyear deal after the way he has screwed over the Nets repeatedly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it.

You think he's going to swallow his pride and play on a one year deal? I don't, and there isn't a freaking chance anyone is going to give him a multiyear deal after the way he has screwed over the Nets repeatedly.
If the Nets might waive him, I could see him going there this year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Nets might waive him, I could see him going there this year.

Unless he gives them a sweat heart deal on a buyout, they won't waive him.

They're going to suspend him as long as they can and sit on him, no chance they give him his millions and then his freedom to go actually give a **** somewhere else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Anti-Defamation League will not accept Kyrie Irving’s donation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mmmmm nope. I flat out guarantee you that no one will trade for Kyrie Irving, I also guarantee you that no one will offer him a contract beyond one year at the minimum... and that Kyrie won't be willing to "play" for anything under the max.

If this was his first bout with crazy, then some who's PR is already in the tank might give him a 2nd chance, but he's been a whack job for years. This is the final straw.
Lol. We'll see. This game has been played many times. Only to see it happen when no one thinks it ever could. If he was washed, it would be different. He's not. This isn't some dime a dozen AB thing. Good basketball players are hard to come by. I say the Suns pursue it if they cant land KD. They'll likely need an extra skill guy to get a championship IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. We'll see. This game has been played many times. Only to see it happen when no one thinks it ever could. If he was washed, it would be different. He's not. This isn't some dime a dozen AB thing. Good basketball players are hard to come by. I say the Suns pursue it if they cant land KD. They'll likely need an extra skill guy to get a championship IMO.
He might land somewhere else, but there’s no way the Suns touch an antisemite right after the whole Sarver situation.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine if that happens.. I think we would go straight to the most hated team this season.
Maybe. But people have short memories. I also think MANY have different perspectives on the situation. I don't think kyrie is some monster that hates Jewish people. But that's for another forum/discussion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard