2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Luka is not a good defensive player, but I don't think it's because he can't.

Personally, I think he has to carry too much of the offensive load for Dallas to be able to go full out on the defensive end.

I put more of the Mavericks slide on the front office than I do the players.
Agree 100%

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors, Lakers, or Clippers in the first round.

Does it really even matter?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Who do we want to win tonight? Grizzlies or Pelicans? Lakers or Clippers?

I'm thinking Grizzlies and Clippers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do we want to win tonight? Grizzlies or Pelicans? Lakers or Clippers?

I'm thinking Grizzlies and Clippers.
Mixed feelings. I think we match up better with Memphis or LAC than with the Warriors or Lakers but I'm still holding out slim hope that we'll win it all. And obviously, if there's a West team we can't get past, we were probably never coming out on top against one of the stronger East teams anyway.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah….Dallas is done lol. Watching their game against the Kings. For a must win game and they give up 70 at half…I know they’re undersized but they don’t even get back defensively and give up easy shots.

Kyrie looks disengaged. Like he’s present but not all the way locked in. Game 7 sucked last season for sure but I hate watching bad basketball. The Mavericks need to fire Kidd but Cuban/Nico Harrison have made boneheaded moves the last year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah….Dallas is done lol. Watching their game against the Kings. For a must win game and they give up 70 at half…I know they’re undersized but they don’t even get back defensively and give up easy shots.

Kyrie looks disengaged. Like he’s present but not all the way locked in. Game 7 sucked last season for sure but I hate watching bad basketball. The Mavericks need to fire Kidd but Cuban/Nico Harrison have made boneheaded moves the last year.

Kidd isn't the problem, their GM is. They constructed a poor roster. Maybe they're in a better spot if they replaced Brunson or just resigned him. Letting him walk was a mistake. I really liked him in the draft but didn't envision he'd become what he is. It was clear he was a vital piece of Dallas' success though and that a professional GM couldn't see that and made no real effort to replace him was idiotic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channing Frye has the Lakers beating the Suns if they meet in the playoffs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kidd isn't the problem, their GM is. They constructed a poor roster. Maybe they're in a better spot if they replaced Brunson or just resigned him. Letting him walk was a mistake. I really liked him in the draft but didn't envision he'd become what he is. It was clear he was a vital piece of Dallas' success though and that a professional GM couldn't see that and made no real effort to replace him was idiotic.
Kidd is definitely culpable in some aspects. When he literally says “I’m just watching like you guys”, he’s trying to absolve himself from any responsibility.

Now Dallas is up 1 after hitting a bunch of threes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channing Frye has the Lakers beating the Suns if they meet in the playoffs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Unless we get DA near his best, Frye might be right. But DA stepped up in one postseason, maybe he's up for it again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless we get DA near his best, Frye might be right. But DA stepped up in one postseason, maybe he's up for it again.

I never discount any opponent, but I think it's a reach for Frye to predict the Lakers would beat the Suns in the playoffs. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it's a reach to get there.

However, it is a bit disconcerting, the Suns are still moving chairs around with their bench players.

Their bench looks like Payne, Craig, Biz; then Shamet and/or Ross. I think they will need Warren to produce at times.

Those 9.5 players Monty wants to play in the playoffs could vary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monumental choke job by Pelicans v Grizz just now. Somehow blew a 6 point lead with the ball with 12 seconds left in comedy of errors you have to see to believe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive resolve from the Pelicans in OT after that late game meltdown.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers are big fans of making behind the back passes to the wrong team tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans will be a tough out if they get Avarado or Zion back. Those are big "ifs" but I like their roster.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors, Lakers, or Clippers in the first round.

Does it really even matter?
Yes it does. Lakers would be a breeze and let us grow our confidence. The other two are our toughest matchups in the west IMO.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Impressive resolve from the Pelicans in OT after that late game meltdown.

Huge win for them, they're still in the hunt for the 5th seed. Not sure how tie breakers shake out but I know they'd be in good shape in a multi-team tie given their conference record.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson