2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy that Luka is scoring 27 points and Kyrie 41 and they still can’t win.

For the heck of it, I was listening to Mavs streaming radio. There are fans talking about how they wouldn’t be surprised if the Mavs move Luka in the offseason. They said there are rumors he is making it miserable in the locker room.

What the what??!

Dallas is not going to move their franchise player in Luka unless he forces his way out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas is not going to move their franchise player in Luka unless he forces his way out.
Yeah I would say no way. However, it’s weird to hear them talking about it. Having said that? Would Luka forcing himself out surprise you?

It wouldn’t surprise me. He is miserable on the court. If that is carrying over in the locker room? I could see it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would say no way. However, it’s weird to hear them talking about it. Having said that? Would Luka forcing himself out surprise you?

It wouldn’t surprise me. He is miserable on the court. If that is carrying over in the locker room? I could see it.

Dallas has not done a good job of surrounding Luka with the right kind of talent, so it would not shock me.

However, they will do everything to keep him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s crazy that Luka is scoring 27 points and Kyrie 41 and they still can’t win.

For the heck of it, I was listening to Mavs streaming radio. There are fans talking about how they wouldn’t be surprised if the Mavs move Luka in the offseason. They said there are rumors he is making it miserable in the locker room.

What the what??!

This isn’t new. There have been rumors of him and Trae being locker room poison and coach killers.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What the what??!
That really doesn't surprise me that he is making it miserable in the locker room. He is an insufferable putz.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

What the what??!
Starting to think Dorian Finney-Smith was one of the more underrated players in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Starting to think Dorian Finney-Smith was one of the more underrated players in the league.

He was properly rated, a hard working role player that can be the #4 or #5 starter on a contender. I would have liked to get him in the KD deal but that was virtually impossible given his salary and trade restrictions. He's like Jae Crowder without the attitude, for better and worse. Dallas trading him and losing Jalen Brunson in the off-season were big mistakes.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After watching the Dallas game I think I've figured out the problem. Luka is no longer the best player on that team. Yeah I said it! "Kyrie is better".
Luka is not the only option now and he's having problems with that "I'm not smiling and happy like before". Before what Luka?

That and they seem to not ever play D.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden State is about to get a big boost.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That would be one of the more embarrassing developments I can remember a team doing after literally going “all in”. Luka is a superstar but he will have to wear a season like this on his resume. Kobe was dragging the Smush’s and Kwame’s to the 8-seed at least.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be one of the more embarrassing developments I can remember a team doing after literally going “all in”. Luka is a superstar but he will have to wear a season like this on his resume. Kobe was dragging the Smush’s and Kwame’s to the 8-seed at least.
A completee embarassment considering A) Luka can still play B) he pushed for the Kryie trade and C) This is the equivalent of giving up.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even if the Mavs miss the playoffs, if they retain their pick and Kyrie leaves, they have a bunch of cap space to spend on another star to help Luka. The issue is Luka is hard to build around based on his style of play.

They should’ve never let Brunson go. To think this team is probably going to miss the playoffs is so disappointing that we let them embarrass us last year in game 7.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the Mavs miss the playoffs, if they retain their pick and Kyrie leaves, they have a bunch of cap space to spend on another star to help Luka. The issue is Luka is hard to build around based on his style of play.

They should’ve never let Brunson go. To think this team is probably going to miss the playoffs is so disappointing that we let them embarrass us last year in game 7.
I was wrong about the Mavs. I thought that even though Brunson was going to be missed, I thought some of the moves shored up some weaknesses they had. They missed Brunson WAY MORE than I thought they would.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wrong about the Mavs. I thought that even though Brunson was going to be missed, I thought some of the moves shored up some weaknesses they had. They missed Brunson WAY MORE than I thought they would.

Their lack of size was a strength for them.

Them going and signing McGee to that contract was nonsensical. They rendered McGee unplayable against them, simply by forcing him to defend switches on the outside. Everytime we put him in, they shredded him... then they go and sign him... only to see other teams do the exact same thing to them.

Their GM is an idiot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It would be hilarious if they did this in an effort to keep the 10th pick of the draft (their pick is top 10 protected) and someone behind them jumps them in the lotto anyway.

... just so long as that team is in the East.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors will be stronger if they can get Andrew Wiggins up to speed.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Warriors will be stronger if they can get Andrew Wiggins up to speed.

Apparently Wiggins father in Canada was/is extremely ill. Nothing happened with his supposed best friend sleeping with his GF as rumors spread.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Wiggins father in Canada was/is extremely ill. Nothing happened with his supposed best friend sleeping with his GF as rumors spread.

I'm not going to touch that last sentence.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Anything can happen if they make the play-in.
Well with more losses stacking up it looks over. Cuban downgraded this roster after last season and the Irving trade was a nice concept to make up for Brunson, but losing finney-smith’s defense and shot making hurt this team. I mean let’s be real the defense was still bad this season with finney-smith. As far as Luka whether it’s his fitness or whether it's Dallas relying too much on him, it’s hard to say 100%. It’s probably both.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with more losses stacking up it looks over. Cuban downgraded this roster after last season and the Irving trade was a nice concept to make up for Brunson, but losing finney-smith’s defense and shot making hurt this team. I mean let’s be real the defense was still bad this season with finney-smith. As far as Luka whether it’s his fitness or whether it's Dallas relying too much on him, it’s hard to say 100%. It’s probably both.

Luka is not a good defensive player, but I don't think it's because he can't.

Personally, I think he has to carry too much of the offensive load for Dallas to be able to go full out on the defensive end.

I put more of the Mavericks slide on the front office than I do the players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson