2021 Training Camp Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did y’all know about Internet forums back then?!?
Wonder whatever happened to Lex? He and I used to get into Jake Plummer wars, but would always have a chuckle over a couple gulps of beer at the original halftime meet ups.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wonder whatever happened to Lex? He and I used to get into Jake Plummer wars, but would always have a chuckle over a couple gulps of beer at the original halftime meet ups.

Some of those names were around when I joined about 10 years ago but have left since (IIRC 1-2 of them actually died from what I heard). I didn’t know about message boards until around 09’ when I found RealGM. Wish I was here in the dark ages ha.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of those names were around when I joined about 10 years ago but have left since (IIRC 1-2 of them actually died from what I heard). I didn’t know about message boards until around 09’ when I found RealGM. Wish I was here in the dark ages ha.

imagine the nasty, cattiness of today’s p and r board... with the activity level and engagement on this board.

Posting here was a blood sport back in those days.

that said, as I mentioned, large groups of sworn enemies who would kill each other on the board would happily mingle together for some epic halftime meets where beer and shared Cardinals misery live in person broke down any barriers people had to each other. 40 and I would go 15 rounds with each other both here and on the politics board and then laugh at ourselves and each other at almost every meet.

different times.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
imagine the nasty, cattiness of today’s p and r board... with the activity level and engagement on this board.

Posting here was a blood sport back in those days.

that said, as I mentioned, large groups of sworn enemies who would kill each other on the board would happily mingle together for some epic halftime meets where beer and shared Cardinals misery live in person broke down any barriers people had to each other. 40 and I would go 15 rounds with each other both here and on the politics board and then laugh at ourselves and each other at almost every meet.

different times.
Its what intelligent people does
:)
Dont let politics and other stuff related preclude u to enjoy and appreciate the company of a person

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
There was a poster on this board years ago who drunkenly stalked and threatened me because I mentioned a certain politician's own admitted drug use. Really got crazy and a bit concerning. Never reported it however.

Stayed away from the P&R board after that. Didn't need that stuff in my life.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This franchise is giving free days like they are coming from a winning streak
What a mentality
Then i see the super winner tom Brady, working with teammates whenever he can and enjoy it
And i dont know how many centuries this franchise need to get the same championships of brady

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I’ll be cool with none of the starters playing a second in the preseason outside of the rookies in Zaven & Rondale. Especially with an extra game now.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’ll be honest, I’ll be cool with none of the starters playing a second in the preseason outside of the rookies in Zaven & Rondale. Especially with an extra game now.
I get it, but tbh I was kinda hoping they didnt play that Saints game. Thats not the kinda defense I want starters in for a preseason game (assuming the Saints play their guys)