2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am just sick of seeing wings playing the 4, getting abused in the process and putting way too much on Ayton's shoulders to carry the front court.

You aren't sorry. If you were then you wouldn't repeat the same nonsense over and over polluting this board until you inevitably get banned again. No matter how long you're gone or how many times you say you're sorry, you start back up again.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Overpaying to keep it only a one year deal is a common practice around the league. The player is taking a risk by giving up security later in their career so you have to compensate them.

My point is that it would benefit the Suns at this point to use the MLE and BAE on multi-year deals to maximize the potential of the roster while CP3 is still playing, not to mention perhaps getting assets that can be packaged in a trade.

Instead, it seems that having paid CP3, Sarver is now skimping again, first with the draft day trade and now with the approach to free agency.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's like we can't play another big on the floor. It's either Bam or Green and the rest are guards/wings

And as we have seen with the Suns, that approach just doesn't work in the end.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is crazy. The entire board is in the midst of a cross-thread conversation with one guy!

Sorry. I will stop and just leave it at this:

I think Sarver was just all talk last week...again. Between the money-motivated trade for Shamet and today's events, I see history repeating itself where Sarver pays his star point guard but then skimps when he should instead be using every resource at his disposal to put the team in the best position possible to contend for a championship.

I hope I'm wrong. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. But this really looks like Nash era Sarver rearing his/its ugly head again.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Sorry. I will stop and just leave it at this:

I think Sarver was just all talk last week...again. Between the money-motivated trade for Shamet and today's events, I see history repeating itself where Sarver pays his star point guard but then skimps when he should instead be using every resource at his disposal to put the team in the best position possible to contend for a championship.

I hope I'm wrong. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. But this really looks like Nash era Sarver rearing his/its ugly head again.
I think you have a valid concern. I've been a fan a long time and I remember the head scratching moves like trading Kurt Thomas or not making Tim Thomas a competitive offer, packaging the Rondo pick for cash.

Where you lose me is that you think (or at least have argued that) our roster is a lottery team without another PF or Center.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
oh good lord... I will go full 1Sun if we bring Kevin Love’s corpse on to this team.

I wouldn't worry. James Jones has blundered with respect to the front court, but he's not THAT stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant and Book leading a nice little runz

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
who does he play ahead of

Booker, Shamet
Bridges, Cam

Shamet can shoot the ball, Tucker flat out cannot
He’s likely a situational and developmental guy for the suns if he signs here. Bring him in when you need to generate scoring. Work on his game. Also kinda suspect more cam at PF this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's gassed. Understandably so. And he’ll probably never recover and will definitely be a shell of himself and tear an ACL before demanding a trade next off-season.

There... saved you the time for when you eventually uncork this stupid take the first time Booker has a bad regular season game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
7’1 wingspan

but not really a great defender with that wingspan.

maybe Monty can coach him up, but the hype just doesn’t match what’s on paper. If he wasn’t Lebrons boy and played in Orlando would he even be on the radar
If he performed against us the way he has, yes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yeah you can look at it like that just depends how much you want to give him. We still need another guy that can legit get his own shot

Call me crazy but I think Derozan is coming here.
I think you’re crazy