2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It would be a very Nash era Robert Sarver thing to leave the MLE and BAE in his pocket rather than use them to improve the roster.

It would be a very James Jones thing to use the MLE on someone like Danny Green.

Any bets?

There weren’t many PF’s out there for the MLE unfortunately.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex just liked a tweet that asked if the Suns had any interest in Malik Monk.

That would be a nice signing too, he's equivalent if not better than Shamet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot about Trae Young's $207 million extension.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is flex?

some guy on Twitter who claimed the league was looking into moving Game 1of Suns Clippers because Chris Paul had Covid, then said it looked good that Chris Paul might be back for Game 1, then Game 2, then said Paul was working out the entire time he was down with Covid that Paul refuted and finally claimed Booker didn’t break his nose... despite it being broken in three places.

in other words, he’s a guy who got a scoop once and now loves the attention that news-hungry Suns fans lavish upon him for reasons beyond me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Flex just liked a tweet that asked if the Suns had any interest in Malik Monk.

That would be a nice signing too, he's equivalent if not better than Shamet.

He is far superior to Shamet, but again it would make the trade for Shamet useless.

It would be a very James Jones move to double up on undersized shooting guards while only signing one big. (Heck, he did that LAST offseason while signing zero legitimate bigs.)

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s weird. I’m so used to Booker’s high high fade, I don’t even recognize him on the court for team USA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There weren’t many PF’s out there for the MLE unfortunately.

Please tell me you aren't actually defending just pocketing the MLE and BAE coming off of an NBA Finals appearance with a two year championship window.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Well, Bobby Portis, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green and Kelly Olynyk, among others, all signed for less than the MLE.
Portis wasn't coming to Phoenix
Olynyk received 3 years, $37m. Did we have enough room to match that? Jamychal Green was in a similar situation to Portis. Jeff Green would have been a good signing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Portis wasn't nt coming to Phoenix
Olynyk received more than I thought he would

You're telling me Portis or Olynyk wouldn't have taken twice the money to come to Phoenix?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you aren't actually defending just pocketing the MLE and BAE coming off of an NBA Finals appearance with a two year championship window.

its been less than SEVEN HOURS of FA. They’ve already used part of the MLE to get a guy YOU WANTED. Get a grip before you need to change your diaper again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish NBC showed the Olympic USA vs Spain game.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Well, Bobby Portis, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green and Kelly Olynyk, among others, all signed for less than the MLE.

Bobby Portis and JaMychal Green gave hometown discounts because they liked where they were. Olynyk signed for much more than the MLE.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
You're telling me Portis or Olynyk wouldn't have taken twice the money to come to Phoenix?
Portis took less to re-sign with Milwaukee last year, are you advocating we throw him $10m per year?

Are we able to pay over $12m annually to Olynyk?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Portis wasn't coming to Phoenix
Olynyk received 3 years, $37m. Did we have enough room to match that? Jamychal Green was in a similar situation to Portis. Jeff Green would have been a good signing.

Olynyk received more than I thought he did. Didn't the Pistons sign one of our targets for something like $5 million?

Edit: Trey Lyles. He would have been a nice fit here.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s weird. I’m so used to Booker’s high high fade, I don’t even recognize him on the court for team USA.
He looks kibd of sad in photos to me obviously on comin up short hope book come out hungry next yr!!!

Sooooo pumped paul will retire a sun and not a bs laker etc

We are the valley!!!! Go suns

Btw when is first preseason gm?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised Reggie Jackson wasn't snatched up by another team yet. He must be staying with the Clips.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Ricky Rubio who believes in himself, like he does on Spain, would be an annual All-Star. So strange that he never consistently plays with this level of confidence in the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA