2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
You're telling me Portis or Olynyk wouldn't have taken twice the money to come to Phoenix?

Portis wasn’t leaving the Bucks. It was already reported that he turned down more money to stay. Olynyk signed for 3 years 37 million so I am unsure why you are acting like he was a possibility.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Portis took less to re-sign with Milwaukee last year, are you advocating we throw him $10m per year?

Are we able to pay over $12m annually to Olynyk?

Yes, I am advocating signing Portis to a contract along the lines of what Crowder signed last year. Our championship window is the next two years. We didn't re-sign CP3 just to skimp on the team around him, did we? They need to do whatever it takes to fill their needs and improve the roster. Someone like Portis would have been a perfect fit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olynyk received more than I thought he did. Didn't the Pistons sign one of our targets for something like $5 million?

Edit: Trey Lyles. He would have been a nice fit here.

who you would have immediately took a dump on the second we signed him and then ******* and complained that James Jones would rather euthanize every big we have rather than sign one worth anything.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you watching?

yeah. It’s sloppy. We don’t look great but apparently this team is super slow starters so hopefully they pick it up in the 2nd.

this team is a looooooooong ways away from The Dream Team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
its been less than SEVEN HOURS of FA. They’ve already used part of the MLE to get a guy YOU WANTED. Get a grip before you need to change your diaper again.

I advocated signing McGee for the minimum as a second big, not spending half of our MLE on him as our primary signing for only one season while Sarver just pockets the other $25 million.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
who you would have immediately took a dump on the second we signed him and then ******* and complained that James Jones would rather euthanize every big we have rather than sign one worth anything.

Not a chance. I have been clamoring for an actual 4 for three freaking offseasons now. I will take any NBA level 4 at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are planning to waive George Hill.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I advocated signing McGee for the minimum as a second big, not spending half of our MLE on him as our primary signing for only one season while Sarver just pockets the other $25 million.

There is 5 more roster spots to fill. Get a grip. The money is going to get spent.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is 5 more roster spots to fill. Get a grip. The money is going to get spent.

I wouldn't necessarily count on it. This wouldn't be the first time Sarver just pocketed money he could have used to get a championship contender over the hump.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Not a chance. I have been clamoring for an actual 4 for three freaking offseasons now. I will take any NBA level 4 at this point.

Whining that we didn’t get Trey freaking Lyles and his 5 pt average is truly peak trolling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd be a solid pickup as a 3rd pg. Probably looking for more playing time then we can offer

I don't know. He hasn't played much the last two seasons and his stats have been in decline.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whining that we didn’t get Trey freaking Lyles and his 5 pt average is truly peak trolling.

Sorry, but I am just sick of seeing wings playing the 4, getting abused in the process and putting way too much on Ayton's shoulders to carry the front court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DId you try the Peacock app? I'm not sure if its on the premium version or not but you log in similar to the Ballys/Fox Sports app.

Is it a phone thing or can you get it on the laptop?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily count on it. This wouldn't be the first time Sarver just pocketed money he could have used to get a championship contender over the hump.

According to you 1 month before the playoffs started we were a lottery team waiting for the bottom to fall out. So why don't you admit you don't know what a title contender looks like, let alone what moves make a team better?

You are wrong far more often than right. The only time you're right is because you predict losses every outting and no team wins every night so you occasionally get that right.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Overpaying to keep it only a one year deal is a common practice around the league. The player is taking a risk by giving up security later in their career so you have to compensate them.