2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highly disagree! Shamet is an upgrade over Carter and Javel is an upgrade over Saric defensively. Javel gives us what we sorely needed in the finals, a defensive presence. Two thumbs up from me so far.
We have already beat the Shamet thing to death with him. He is flat out wrong. In terms of McGee vs Saric I think everybody knows Saric is the better 3 point shooter and can stretch the floor better. Outside of that? Saric gives you no advantages. McGee is more athletic, is the better defender, a better rebounder.

Given the choice between two "like" players I will take the better rebounder, shot blocker because getting stops was the difference in the playoffs. We have added another playmaker in Shamet. There is nothing about the combo of Carter/Saric that is better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need some more size and muscle. I don't like Cam Johnson at the 4 against bigger players. I'd take a flyer on Stanley Johnson as a 3/4 and another 4/5 in case Jalen Smith still isn't ready to contribute. Also, I wouldn't mind bringing back either Moore, Galloway, or another combo guard.

I wouldn't count on Jalen Smith to contribute without seeing something more.

I'm not a real fan of bringing Moore or Galloway back.

Nader and Kaminsky are a couple of possibilities.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Semi Ojeleye agrees to sign with Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Liked the story I heard about why we may have gone McGee.

apparently game 2 of nugz series we were blowing them out by 25 or something when McGee entered game. He was running up and the down the court like they were still in the game. Chris Paul noticed that and went up to him after game to acknowledge it and tell him to keep it up. Apparently that left a mark on Paul and he and book have been recruiting McGee.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
hes 6’4 shooting guard who shoots 77% from the line and 28% from 3.

doesn’t really do anything great.
He’s thick with long arms and can drive the ball and draw contact. He can generate offense without help - we don’t have many guys who can do that beyond book, Paul and Payne.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s thick with long arms and can drive the ball and draw contact. He can generate offense without help - we don’t have many guys who can do that beyond book, Paul and Payne.

It would be almost like getting a player out of the draft who we already know can play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then what in the world would be the point of the trade for Shamet?

It doesn't matter. When you can get talent, you worry about where he plays later.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talen Horton-Tucker can play if the Suns can figure out a way to get him and he is only 20.

who does he play ahead of

Booker, Shamet
Bridges, Cam

Shamet can shoot the ball, Tucker flat out cannot

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Booker, Shamet
Bridges, Cam

As undersized as the Suns are at the 4, they absolutely cannot play THT at the 3.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far, the roster is slightly worse than last year's roster for much of the playoffs. Losing Saric and replacing him with McGee is a slight downgrade. Losing Carter and replacing him with Shamet is a lateral move at best (potential for better offense, but significantly worse defense). Craig is now gone with no replacement.

The Payne and CP3 contracts were a job well done, and James Jones deserves credit for that.

But the truth remains that we are now farther from championship contention than we were prior to the draft. In my book, that is not a "great job".
You really are nuts.

Dario was not even playing in the playoffs, because Craig and Cam Johnson were superior players.

McGee is a more important piece than Craig.

Shamet is better than Carter.

The roster is already better, and we likely will sign another big still.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I know he's got a freaky wingspan, but didn't realize he was that short. He struck me as a younger Crowder type player who is only 6'6". PJ Tucker is only 6'5" and can play a bit at the 4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker, Shamet
Bridges, Cam

It doesn't matter if Talen Horton-Tucker plays ahead of anyone at the moment. Pretend he was the BPA in the draft. He is only 20.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know he's got a freaky wingspan, but didn't realize he was that short. He struck me as a younger Crowder type player who is only 6'6".

7’1 wingspan

but not really a great defender with that wingspan.

maybe Monty can coach him up, but the hype just doesn’t match what’s on paper. If he wasn’t Lebrons boy and played in Orlando would he even be on the radar

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is a small forward, and he is a great finisher.

Also a pretty good defender with his long arms.

He may not be a great shooter yet, but he is very young and is very likely to improve.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Talen Horton-Tucker plays ahead of anyone at the moment. Pretend he was the BPA in the draft. He is only 20.

yeah you can look at it like that just depends how much you want to give him. We still need another guy that can legit get his own shot

Call me crazy but I think Derozan is coming here.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He may not be a great shooter yet, but he is very young and is very likely to improve.

we’re you impressed with his defense? I wasn’t

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

So we would honestly play a 6'4" small forward next to a 6'6" power forward?

Isn't that taking Mike D'Antoni style small ball to an extreme?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose