2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even remember seeing Max Strus play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are over the cap. They don't have the salary to match or the space to absorb.
They'll have a potential injured player exception for Saric that can be used to absorb a salary in a trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that one. LOL.

Ok, you are making your point. Maybe we can find some Euro league guy or something. Frank is just too frustrating to endure again.

Yeah. I was just joking around. I'm starting to get wore down. :wink2:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I doubt they double up at C with McGee on board. If another big is coming, it’s gonna be a true 4.

It needs to be a true 4. They haven't had one the last two seasons. It would be as ridiculous to go without one for a third consecutive season as it was to go without a real NBA point guard for three consecutive seasons.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So far so good. CP3 is back, CP15 is back on an amazing contract. I would have preferred other options at backup Center, but McGee is a good signing. Hate to lose TC, but it is what it is. I still want a bigger backup PF, third PG, and a veteran or two. Interested to see who they get on minimum contracts. Great job by Jones so far.

So far, the roster is slightly worse than last year's roster for much of the playoffs. Losing Saric and replacing him with McGee is a slight downgrade. Losing Carter and replacing him with Shamet is a lateral move at best (potential for better offense, but significantly worse defense). Craig is now gone with no replacement.

The Payne and CP3 contracts were a job well done, and James Jones deserves credit for that.

But the truth remains that we are now farther from championship contention than we were prior to the draft. In my book, that is not a "great job".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Smith and Raul Neto are still out there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far, the roster is slightly worse than last year's roster for much of the playoffs. Losing Saric and replacing him with McGee is a slight downgrade. Losing Carter and replacing him with Shamet is a lateral move at best (potential for better offense, but significantly worse defense). Craig is now gone with no replacement.

The Payne and CP3 contracts were a job well done, and James Jones deserves credit for that.

But the truth remains that we are now farther from championship contention than we were prior to the draft. In my book, that is not a "great job".
The Sky is falling and being overly critical is part of your DNA. Then for icing on the cake you are just flat out wrong much of the time. Then to add insult to injury the stuff you are often wrong about you repeat 10 times in multiple threads. You need a chill pill.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yeah go read ESPN and a few other blogs....Suns are getting praised left and right...lol 1sun...always gonna be 1sun

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richaun Holmes returns to Kings.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score

Highly disagree! Shamet is an upgrade over Carter and Javel is an upgrade over Saric defensively. Javel gives us what we sorely needed in the finals, a defensive presence. Two thumbs up from me so far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the Suns roster currently looks like with 10 players:

PG: Chris Paul, Cam Payne
SG: Devin Booker, Landry Shamet
SF: Mikal Bridges
PF: Jae Crowder, Cam Johnson, Jalen Smith
C: Deandre Ayton, JaVale McGee

Previously on a two-way contract: Ty-Shon Alexander

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben McLemore reportedly to sign with Trail Blazers.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cam Johnson is back to being a 3, not a 4. What bulk and strength he gained for the bubble was gone last season.

A power forward remains our biggest need, ideally a 4/5 type that could back up both positions, since we can't afford to rely at all on Stix.

Dieng really would have been a perfect fit. Too bad he is signing with Atlanta.

We're about out of options for the 4/5 we very much need.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We need some more size and muscle. I don't like Cam Johnson at the 4 against bigger players. I'd take a flyer on Stanley Johnson as a 3/4 and another 4/5 in case Jalen Smith still isn't ready to contribute. Also, I wouldn't mind bringing back either Moore, Galloway, or bringing in a new combo guard for depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA