2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am taking comfort knowing the super teams Lakers and Nets both lost tonight. Oh and the Bucks? Look just as good as they did in the playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
You must be registered for see images attach

If I am that one guy who occasionally goes to Pelican's games that news would cause an uncontrolled bowel movement.

The last thing he needed was more bulk, his bones and ligaments already couldn't handle him at a lighter weight. Guy should be working his way down to something sane, like 250-260, instead he is eating his way out of the league, Oliver Miller style.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One game but I feel vindicated for saying I like Chris Duarte. Old rookie I get it but if he shoots half that well from 3 this year he'll have been a good pick.

Melo Ball still has holes but his shot looks much better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be an extended drama as 76ers will not be pressured into trading Ben Simmons.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be an extended drama as 76ers will not be pressured into trading Ben Simmons.

I totally forgot how there was some LeBron/Morey beef a couple years ago when Daryl Morey tweeted about the Chinese treatment of Hong Kong, specifically sharing his support for the Hong Kong protesters and LeBron came out claiming Morey wasn't educated on the matter. It was a real weird situation. As any NBA fan should know though, Rich Paul and LeBron work in tandem, especially Paul. Paul doesn't make headlines before LeBron gets a heads up. Feuding with one essentially starts a feud with the other.

I wonder if Morey is sort of relishing this situation with Simmons and Rich Paul now because of that. He is the first GM who is really holding firm with a Rich Paul client. He has the benefit of a tough sports city who wanted Simmons out prior to him requesting a trade. Sixers fans seem to be enjoying seeing Simmons suffer since they know Morey will get value in return when he is dealt and until then they have Embiid to depend on, who is handling this whole situation wonderfully.

Here's a link to LeBron's comments back then.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Steph didn't like his 5-21 opener. 9-9 25 points and 5 threes in the first quarter against the Clips. They actually face guarded him in the back court the last few possessions of the quarter

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Steph didn't like his 5-21 opener. 9-9 25 points and 5 threes in the first quarter against the Clips. They actually face guarded him in the back court the last few possessions of the quarter

Started 10-10 then missed his next 7 shots. I don't think I've seen this in a game ever, even Jordan, Gervin etc. From essentially the 2nd quarter on the Clips have been face guarding Curry in the backcourt with Terrence Mann. Long and athletic player but the main thing is they are face guarding him the entire length of the court every time. Curry has 6 turnovers because he's getting frustrated that they're doing it

PG13 lighting it up too fun game

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These top teams look prepared, while the suns not so much.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelenna Azabuike on the Warriors postgame show. "We're watching Steph go 9-9 25 points in the first quarter. The whole bench is going nuts. And I had to remind myself Klay Thompson scored THIRTY SEVEN in a quarter in a game once. As amazing as Steph was against the Clips in the first, Klay scored TWELVE more points in a quarter than that."

Doubt we'll ever see that Klay again and I'm not sure anybody will ever break that record.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally forgot how there was some LeBron/Morey beef a couple years ago when Daryl Morey tweeted about the Chinese treatment of Hong Kong, specifically sharing his support for the Hong Kong protesters and LeBron came out claiming Morey wasn't educated on the matter. It was a real weird situation. As any NBA fan should know though, Rich Paul and LeBron work in tandem, especially Paul. Paul doesn't make headlines before LeBron gets a heads up. Feuding with one essentially starts a feud with the other.

I wonder if Morey is sort of relishing this situation with Simmons and Rich Paul now because of that. He is the first GM who is really holding firm with a Rich Paul client. He has the benefit of a tough sports city who wanted Simmons out prior to him requesting a trade. Sixers fans seem to be enjoying seeing Simmons suffer since they know Morey will get value in return when he is dealt and until then they have Embiid to depend on, who is handling this whole situation wonderfully.

Here's a link to LeBron's comments back then.

Morey may be relishing the situation but I doubt the 76ers ownership is happy, having a star player who doesn't want to cooperate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The narrative of Ben Simmons goes on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daryl Morey says the Ben Simmons narrative could take four years to resolve.

By Kyle Neubeck Philly Voice Staff:

"You're going to think I'm kidding, I'm not, this could be four years," Morey said. "The conditions I'm pointing out to you don't change. Unless Ben Simmons is traded for a difference-maker, we're in the prime of Joel [Embiid]'s career. We have to get back either Ben Simmons playing well for us, who helps us win the championship, or we have to get back a difference-maker for Ben Simmons. Or this could be four years from now, and we're still like, 'Hey, we took the best shot at it we could.'

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The narrative of Ben Simmons goes on.

Wow. People thought Ayton's head was not screwed on right sometimes. If this dude needs mental counseling to get ready to play the game there might be some serious issues going on with this guy. I don't see how anybody trades for him knowing this now. I wouldn't go near this dude.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. People thought Ayton's head was not screwed on right sometimes. If this dude needs mental counseling to get ready to play the game there might be some serious issues going on with this guy. I don't see how anybody trades for him knowing this now. I wouldn't go near this dude.

It may well relate to a clause in the CBA.

I think a game of big dollar chess is being played.

Adrian Wojnarowski Senior NBA Insider ESPN:

The Sixers have been fining Simmons for missing games, practices and meetings -- nearing $2 million this season -- but there is a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that protects players' salaries for failing to render services "if such failure has been caused by the player's mental disability."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may well relate to a clause in the CBA.

I think some high stake chess is being played.

Adrian Wojnarowski Senior NBA Insider ESPN:

The Sixers have been fining Simmons for missing games, practices and meetings -- nearing $2 million this season -- but there is a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that protects players' salaries for failing to render services "if such failure has been caused by the player's mental disability."

Good catch. That might be the case but after watching him shrivel up in the corner last year? I wouldn't be surprised if it's legit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good catch. That might be the case but after watching him shrivel up in the corner last year? I wouldn't be surprised if it's legit.

If the 76ers start sinking in the East something will happen.

I'm waiting for an Kyrie Irving for Ben Simmons trade. :cool:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m surprised it took him this long to claim it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's talk about moving Westbrook already lol

Can he be moved this year?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's talk about moving Westbrook already lol

Can he be moved this year?

And where did you hear that would happen first? I called it! Where's my praise and adulation? Ok, enough 1Sunning.

I thought that was obvious from the start and was surprised to hear that AD, Lebron, and Westbrook all sat down and talked about teaming up before it happened. Such an odd pairing. The Lakers would have been better off with Schroeder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose