2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And where did you hear that would happen first? I called it! Where's my praise and adulation? Ok, enough 1Sunning.

I thought that was obvious from the start and was surprised to hear that AD, Lebron, and Westbrook all sat down and talked about teaming up before it happened. Such an odd pairing. The Lakers would have been better off with Schroeder.

I read that the Hield deal was all but done until Bron and AD stepped in and said we want Westbrook.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point guard Cole Anthony looking good for Magic with 29 points, 16 rebounds and 8 sssists in win over Knicks.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Zion weighs 285 in playing shape 15lbs in the off season isn't that bad, and he had more time off than some :p
Man I miss prime Shawn Kemp flying around.

My brother still thinks Kemp was the best dunker (at least of his generation) because his best dunks were all in traffic. In an era where you got punished in the paint.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grizz n Lakers. Man LeBron wines and moans on every call now. AD continues to flop.

A grizz had the inside position and AD falls and he is rewarded.

Although it took a challenge, the refs didn’t fall for AD’s mysterious fall near the end of the game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grizz n Lakers. Man LeBron wines and moans on every call now. AD continues to flop.

A grizz had the inside position and AD falls and he is rewarded.

Although it took a challenge, the refs didn’t fall for AD’s mysterious fall near the end of the game.
Just about every other game LeBron has a play where you'd think, for sure, he has suffered a horrible injury... except that you see him do it all the time. Listening to the Laker's broadcast while he laid there acting like his leg was broken was entertaining, those 2 guys sounded like the earth had stopped moving. Sure enough, after a 2 minute break in the action he popped up like nothing had happened.

I feel like his antics are getting worse and worse.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about every other game LeBron has a play where you'd think, for sure, he has suffered a horrible injury... except that you see him do it all the time. Listening to the Laker's broadcast while he laid there acting like his leg was broken was entertaining, those 2 guys sounded like the earth had stopped moving. Sure enough, after a 2 minute break in the action he popped up like nothing had happened.

I feel like his antics are getting worse and worse.

Oh they definitely are getting much worse. You'd think the other guy should be arrested for attempted murder by the way Lebron acts and then immediately after he's up running people over left and right just like usual.

But you know what bugs me the most about him now? Even when the refs walk 20 feet away so they can have a private conversation, he huddles up with them like he's part of the decision making.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spurs Lakers going to OT, Davis just spent half a minute on the floor, screaming in 'pain', while LeBron and their coach tore into the refs... replays showed him jumping into the back of a spurs player then crumpling.

Next possession AD was out there trying to catch an alley oop.

I really can't stand this Laker team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Enes Kanter has decided to quit caring about his career and called out Nike, Lebron, and MJ on Twitter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In case it's deleted, here's a copy...
Wow. He wore those in a game?

He’s likely not wrong.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a link to an article discussing the above.

I'd say Kanter cares about bigger issues than just his career.

I agree, it's good to see. I wasn't a fan of his before but respect his views and willingness to stand up for what he believes. He's already been banned from his home country where his family is essentially being held as political prisoners because he's chosen to speak out against the regime.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't even know who he was before he and LessBron got into that kissing match.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kanter has also got into it with Suns players a couple times. Once with Booker somewhat recently and before that he got into it with Jared Dudley and that beef carried over onto Twitter also.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF was Westbrook’s problem at the end? The kid wasn’t supposed to dunk the ball after the steal? Give me a freaking break.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF was Westbrook’s problem at the end? The kid wasn’t supposed to dunk the ball after the steal? Give me a freaking break.

I liked Russ up until he became a Laker. I didn't think being a poor sport would rub off on him so quickly but here we are, week 2 of the season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's video. Baszley was clear to dunk, especially in that moment. LA hadn't conceded the game and we looking to make a play of their own. Don't turn it over and that won't happen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's video. Baszley was clear to dunk, especially in that moment. LA hadn't conceded the game and we looking to make a play of their own. Don't turn it over and that won't happen.

Russ is officially a Leboob now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Especially because OKC had been a disaster with the ball in the last 90 seconds seemingly trying to give the game back to the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was pure frustration by Westbrook.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys like LeBron and Westbrook, who showboat and show up opponents to a crazy extent, throwing tantrums and yelling "Don't do that!" "Be humble!" as their over hyped star studded team gets pooped on is probably my favorite theme of this young season.

Let it continue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard