2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not hyperbole to say that Curry has legitimately been awful the last 13 games or so besides that game winner last night.

Yeah, he is clearly either injured or in his own head.

Booker had that disaster of a shooting night against the Pacers, his worst shooting night of the year by far, meanwhile Curry has had 4 or 5 such games this month alone.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh my. Can't see the Nets doing that deal. Although the Nets might be a good fit for Simmons basketball wise. Though he would not be "the man."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My exact thoughts. That is super crappy if you are a 76ers fan. Worse Harden will be 33. It's not even the right guy to target.
Yeah, wasting a year of Embid's career because they want an unrealistic return isn't to bright. For all we know Giannis will go down and the east will be there for the taking.

I think some of these news bits are just efforts to try and increase the offers for these guys. My bet is Gordon and Simmons still get dealt before the deadline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, wasting a year of Embid's career because they want an unrealistic return isn't to bright. For all we know Giannis will go down and the east will be there for the taking.

I think some of these news bits are just efforts to try and increase the offers for these guys. My bet is Gordon and Simmons still get dealt before the deadline.

That's exactly what these are, trying to increase the offer for these players. It's all about negotiation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how he disciplines owners.

Ask Donald Sterling.

He seems to go with popular sentiment. There was no way Sterling could have remained on as owner back then. Since then Silver has been kind of soft. He came down harder on the Bulls this past off-season for the Derozen deal that was deemed tampering than he did on the Mavericks for having a toxic culture within their front office that led to a few sexual harassment cases.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask Donald Sterling.

He seems to go with popular sentiment. There was no way Sterling could have remained on as owner back then. Since then Silver has been kind of soft. He came down harder on the Bulls this past off-season for the Derozen deal that was deemed tampering than he did on the Mavericks for having a toxic culture within their front office that led to a few sexual harassment cases.

Donald Sterling is a good example.

If Robert Sarver is removed as an NBA owner I don't think the decision will be as clear cut.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Silver gets his mini tournament, finally! Kinda.

I don't mind the change here. I wish they would spice it up more. Have 1 G-League team, a Rookie team, Sophomore team, and Old Timers. Have the old timers be compromised of recently retired players 40 or older. That could make for a fun mini tournament.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver gets his mini tournament, finally! Kinda.

I don't mind the change here. I wish they would spice it up more. Have 1 G-League team, a Rookie team, Sophomore team, and Old Timers. Have the old timers be compromised of recently retired players 40 or older. That could make for a fun mini tournament.
They've used "younger" retired players like this before and every one of them tore something. Okay, maybe not every one of them but the injury rate for those guys was not pretty. Better to grab someone that's been away from the game for a couple decades or more, the guys only a few years away still think they can play like they used to. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching the older guys but it was a bad look for the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave